#76 RV3000

RV3000

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (palango @ Apr 15 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If someone did aan exhaustive study of myfolsom.com posts (excluding politics), daycare/childcare would rank as #1 or #2 with emotional responses , outburts, "you are a bad parent", "how dare you leave your kid with a stranger", etc.

No parent is perfect. I used to "jump the gun" and criticize some parental styles vs another, but now that I have my own struggles on a daily basis, ..........

I think those parents who criticize other parents so ruthlessly and blatantly are probably subconsciously beating up on themselves, guilty of being bad parents themselves. Those living in glass houses should not throw stones!

I had no problems putting my toddler in daycare at age 18 months, but my spouse was vehemently against it. SO, we took her out of daycare and I started to work part-time, odd hours so atleast one parent was with her all the time. We sacrificed a LOT... both in terms of finances and weekends..........but I think it is totally worth it now! I have seen her thrive at home with me! Hence, I agree that kids should have atleast one parent with them all the time but when they turn 3, they need to get more exposure to the real world (instead of just watching it on tv)!

I'm not saying this works for everyone, but each family has to sit down and discuss heart to heart what is the bottom line for the family in terms of money, priorities etc.......

But don't forget, it takes a whole village to raise a child! Even if you (as a parent) do the best for your child, they can still be complete failures as adults if they hang around with the wrong kind of "friends", are not taught how to say NO (to peer pressure), how NOT to follow the crowd, how to stand up for what is right despite unwanted consequences etc etc......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users