Photo
- - - - -

Thai Restaurants Not Open/answering Phones?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Last night the family was craving some Thai food, so I called Krua Thai. The phone rang and rang and then I got a generic message to leave a message. I called back and the same thing happened. I checked the hours via their we site and they were supposed to be open. Hmm.

Ok, I thought I would try Rak Thai, the new Thai place by Winco where O'Brot used to be. Same thing. No answer and their web page says they should have been open.

I checked the web to see if it was some big Thai holiday, but Dec 1 isn't.

I called a third place, Thai Palace, and the third time was a charm.

When I left to go pick it up we drove by Krua Thai and it was completely dark, even the marquee was dark. I thought perhaps try had cleared out, but my daughter said the tables and chairs appeared to still be there. I didn't drive by Rak Thai.

Does anyone know if these places are closed or if it was just some fluke?

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

I don't know what was going on with the first two restaurants. When we want Thai food we always go to Thai Paradise (I assume that's what you meant). The food and service is always excellent. Was that your first experience with them? How did you like the food?

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

I don't know what was going on with the first two restaurants. When we want Thai food we always go to Thai Paradise (I assume that's what you meant). The food and service is always excellent. Was that your first experience with them? How did you like the food?

Yes, I meant Thai Paradise. It was tasty, as it's been every time I'm there. I usually go to Krua because of it's proximity and I love their shrimp and pumpkin curry. I thought I'd try the new place, partly because they have a dinner special.

#4 DavidH

DavidH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

I know Thai Paradise was closed from Thursday-Sunday so perhaps the other Thai places closed as well for a long weekend.  Business must be good!

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

I thought all Thai restaurants in Folsom were closed on Sundays

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#6 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

I know Thai Paradise was closed from Thursday-Sunday so perhaps the other Thai places closed as well for a long weekend.  Business must be good!

Thai Paradise was open. That's actually where I went. Don't know why I posted "Palace."

I thought all Thai restaurants in Folsom were closed on Sundays

Nope. There websites say they are supposed to be open during those hours.

#7 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Maybe they changed to winter hours but haven't updated the site yet? Just a guess...

Svzr2FS.jpg

#8 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

I had planned on calling tonight to find out the scoop, but spent the time at Med-7 instead; my daughter broke her wrist (radius actually) at soccer practice tonight. :(

#9 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

I had planned on calling tonight to find out the scoop, but spent the time at Med-7 instead; my daughter broke her wrist (radius actually) at soccer practice tonight. :(

Ouch, sorry to hear that :( 

I drove by Krua Thai last night and the lights were on and it looked open.  I usually pass through that area on Sunday late afternoons/early evenings, and Krua always appears to be closed on Sundays.  Probably just a case of not keeping their website up to date.  Their site is so basic that it looks like it was created once  and never revised. 

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#10 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users