Photo
- - - - -

Boy Or Girl?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Boy or Girl (22 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think my baby will be?

1. Boy (9 votes [40.91%])

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

2. Girl (13 votes [59.09%])

Percentage of vote: 59.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 futuremrs4

futuremrs4

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

I LOVE Cherries! My grandfather had a fruit orchard and when we were little we would pick them. My Grandmother used to put the cherries that had two stems fused together over our earlobes and called them Cherry earrings. We would walk around all day wearing our earrings! So i am obsesed w/ Cherry stuff too.

BTW...Kohls has the most adorable cherry and gingham dress. Toddler sizes only, but just buy it in the size you think she will be next summer biggrin.gif

#62 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(wrabbit @ Apr 27 2008, 08:44 PM) View Post
huh...I don't think THAT can happen with a girl. One of the nice things about them when they are babies! smile.gif

Actually, it can. I should post the "Holy Sh**" story.

Warning to Chris and Andrea: Girls ARE capable of projectile pee.... among other things.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#63 wrabbit

wrabbit

Hall Of Famer

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

I checked with my wife, and I guess we were lucky to have never experienced that.

Still, they may be capable of it, but it surely won't go as far as with a baby boy. I've heard stories of the pee going straight up and across the room! lmaosmiley.gif
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

#64 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(wrabbit @ Apr 27 2008, 11:17 PM) View Post
Still, they may be capable of it, but it surely won't go as far as with a baby boy. I've heard stories of the pee going straight up and across the room! lmaosmiley.gif

Okay, the "Holy Sh**" story:

Jocelyn was about a month old and because I have the best husband in the universe, I was snoozing away at night, when suddenly I'm awakened by said husband - who is completely naked - holding the baby: "Honey, I need your help. I've got a disaster out there."
ME: "What the h-e-double hockey sticks are you doing???"
HIM: "She had a major blow out."

So, I pull Joce into bed with me and we go back to sleep, while Jesse deals with his "Disaster".

The next day, I find out that she had woken him up at night, and he was changing her diaper on the couch (this was before we had her room set up). He was between diapers (so bare baby bottom) and Joce started poopin'.

Projectile poopin'.

Turns out it got all over him, her, the couch and the carseat that was about a foot or two away.

My poor husband. I couldn't stop laughing. I asked him: "Well, before you came and got me, what did you do? What did you say?"

HIM: "I said 'Holy Sh**', of course!"

I'm sitting here laughing my butt off. This story will never, ever get old. (And will serve as a warning to Chris and Andrea! Projectile! It's possible with a girl!)
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#65 Jenncez

Jenncez

Your Local Scentsy & Thirty-One Consultant

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:58 AM

Congrats on the girl!!!!! Will you do the 3D for confirmation?! Sonotech in Roseville claims they have never been wrong.
How fun, you get to buy all the cute cherry stuff!!!! I may have to go pick up a few things myself! CUTE!

#66 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 28 2008, 07:58 AM) View Post
... Will you do the 3D for confirmation?! ...

Don't do it. Not worth the risk. You'll know for sure eventually. tongue.gif

Conflicts of Interest: Understanding the Safety Issues Around Prenatal 3D Ultrasound
http://www.askquesti...les/ultrasound/

"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#67 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:25 PM

I think I am NOT going to do it. But not because it is unsafe.

The Tech Lady said she thinks I may have a SLIGHTLY Low Lying Placenta. I am not sure about what it all is, and I even looked it up on the internet.... but don't know much more then it scares the crap outa me!

But she wants me to do another ultra sound next month to check it. So I will get to see AGAIN that it is a girl. cheer.gif
<3

#68 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Apr 28 2008, 06:25 PM) View Post
I think I am NOT going to do it. But not because it is unsafe.

The Tech Lady said she thinks I may have a SLIGHTLY Low Lying Placenta. I am not sure about what it all is, and I even looked it up on the internet.... but don't know much more then it scares the crap outa me!

But she wants me to do another ultra sound next month to check it. So I will get to see AGAIN that it is a girl. cheer.gif

Thats great you'll get another ultrasound in a month...and FREE! Don't worry too much about the low lying placenta. Still lots of time for it to move. Worst case is you'd just have a c-section.
I just watched a c-section birth last night in my birthing class. WOW is that a fast process!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baby is out in less than 5 minutes. It's the stitching up that takes longest!

#69 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 29 2008, 07:44 AM) View Post
Thats great you'll get another ultrasound in a month...and FREE! Don't worry too much about the low lying placenta. Still lots of time for it to move. Worst case is you'd just have a c-section.
I just watched a c-section birth last night in my birthing class. WOW is that a fast process!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baby is out in less than 5 minutes. It's the stitching up that takes longest!

I almost WANT a c-section. kinda scary... but I guess BOTH are scary!!!
<3

#70 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Apr 29 2008, 07:50 AM) View Post
I almost WANT a c-section. kinda scary... but I guess BOTH are scary!!!

For sure both are scary! After seeing how fast the c-section is, my husband said "lets just do that!!" hahahha!

#71 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 29 2008, 10:03 AM) View Post
For sure both are scary! After seeing how fast the c-section is, my husband said "lets just do that!!" hahahha!

It is so easy for THEM to decide.... dry.gif

I reallllllllllllly wish I could make Chris carry this thing for 1/2 of the time! Hell even 1/3 of the time! Ya know what, *I* will carry it, HE can give BIRTH to it!

He has NO IDEA. angry.gif
<3

#72 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:47 AM

You do a good job for the both of us. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users