#31 CostcoLover

CostcoLover

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(Erika @ Sep 27 2005, 03:23 PM)
Nope and nope.  My body if functioning better pregnant than not pregnant.  Go figure!

View Post

It's good to be young ain't it?
"The important thing is not to stop questioning'' | "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
-- Albert Einstein--

California's Economy: Too Big To Fail?

#32 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(CostcoLover @ Sep 27 2005, 07:26 PM)
It's good to be young ain't it?

View Post

I'm really not that young. I'm older than a typical first time parent.

#33 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:14 AM

Erika, do you feel like eating much? When I got to the end I didn't feel like eating.

#34 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(Gaelic925 @ Sep 30 2005, 09:14 AM)
Erika, do you feel like eating much? When I got to the end I didn't feel like eating.

View Post

I have always been a good eater and still am. I'm just tired of trying to eat all the right things. I've been loving ice cream lately. biggrin.gif I've heard from other woman that it became increasingly difficult to eat large meals because of the lack of room but that hasn't been a problem yet.

#35 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:52 AM

Nothing has happened yet. I'm still here. sad.gif

#36 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:07 AM

Take a drive up to Sly Park, Erika. High elevations always brought on my contractions. It's worth the drive!
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#37 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Oct 10 2005, 10:07 AM)
Take a drive up to Sly Park, Erika.  High elevations always brought on my contractions.  It's worth the drive!

View Post

We'll be far from the hospital at that point. We're trying to stay within the area just in case.

#38 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:59 PM

Well, it never caused immediate baby delivery for me. It just caused water to break and/or contractions to start, usually that night after returning.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#39 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:09 PM

Don't listen to tessie or ya will be lost in the wilderness. biggrin.gif

#40 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:45 PM

At this point, I will be around until next Wednesday if nothing happens before this time. They are going to induce labor next week if nothing happens prior to that. I've heard that contractions are much more intense if labor is induced. sad.gif

What are you experiences with inducing labor? How was your recovery from a c-section if you had to have one?

#41 s0479

s0479

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(Erika @ Oct 13 2005, 10:45 PM)
At this point, I will be around until next Wednesday if nothing happens before this time.  They are going to induce labor next week if nothing happens prior to that.  I've heard that contractions are much more intense if labor is induced. sad.gif 

What are you experiences with inducing labor?  How was your recovery from a c-section if you had to have one?

View Post

I was induced, but never had a baby without being induced so I can't compare :-) I had also heard that that the labor is more intense but shorter. I was induced at noon, water was broken at 4:00, pain really started after that, had her 4 hours later. I didn't get an epidural because by the time I wanted one it was time to push!! Overall I thought it went ok :-)

#42 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:58 AM

Same here for both of mine I have been induced, my water broke and still no contractions by then you have to get the baby out in 24 hours. Then with my daughter I had a leak so she had to come out too but contractions would not get regular so induced again. I have a friend who has been induced and not and she says its alot better not being induced.

#43 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(Erika @ Oct 13 2005, 10:45 PM)
They are going to induce labor next week if nothing happens prior to that.  I've heard that contractions are much more intense if labor is induced. sad.gif 

Induced one out of four. It was horrible. She's the only one for whom I eventually got an epidural. I didn't like that either. I would never induce again (with pitocin). I would induce by heading to high elevations. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

#44 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:45 AM

I was induced with first...It was really slow going for me...
Induced at 6am...nothing by 10am.....water broken at 11am....contractions on & off, but nothing too bad...by 8pm, they were getting bad, had epidural...finally delivered a little before midnight. I think they started me on a slow/small dose of pitocin & gradually went up...which is why it took so long I think...
ANyways...I didn't remember it being much different than w/out pitocin this last baby...

Good Luck!!

#45 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(Erika @ Oct 13 2005, 11:45 PM)
At this point, I will be around until next Wednesday if nothing happens before this time.  They are going to induce labor next week if nothing happens prior to that.  I've heard that contractions are much more intense if labor is induced. sad.gif 

What are you experiences with inducing labor?  How was your recovery from a c-section if you had to have one?

View Post

My first delivery was an unplanned C-section. After 22 hours of labor, my daughter wasn't progressing enough and her heart rate showed signs of stress. I was just thankful to have her out. My recovery was remarkable. I was up and walking the same day and was sent home after two days.

Here's the stuff they don't tell you in Lamaze:

Nurses will keep asking you if you've passed gas.

They won't feed you until you pass gas.

The sooner you get up and move around, the sooner you'll pass gas.

The more you move around, the easier it is to get around.

Getting out of the bed is the hardest part, so I'd get out of bed and stay out of bed until I needed to rest. I'd sit in the chair, walk, sit, walk, take a nap, get out and stay out the rest of the day.

My son was a VBAC. His head was "right there" for hours. "One more push." "One more push." "Just one more push." For hours. I was more uncomfortable due to all that pushing, the use of forceps, the episiotomy.

I was just thankful to have two healthy babies however they had to be delivered, but my recovery from the C-section was much easier.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users