Photo
- - - - -

Zpizza Coming Soon (Old Grisole Location)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

I just saw the lighted sign tonight, so I imagine it will really be opening soon.

It appears to be a chain and the only other store in the Sacto area is Roseville. See www.zpizza.com
The arugula pizza looks very good. I do find it interesting that another pizza joint is coming to town, and right next to an established Italian restaurant. Do they not consider these things when looking for locations?

I hope they are more successful than the last pizza place at that address.

#2 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

There was a zpizza here in Folsom a few years ago that closed shop. I remember because they advertised as organic, but would not respond when I questioned further.

Ah hah! Found it. I followed up once, but they never responded:

Sent June 7, 2007

Your ad for the Folsom, CA location reads, "We Use Only The Freshest Organic Ingredients So You Feel Good About Feeding Your Family." However, your website refers only to organic tomato sauce. Are the rest of your ingredients organic as well? If so, that's great! And, if so, changing your website to say so will be great advertisement because eating organic is important to some of us and a deciding factor in whether or not to patronize your establishment. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

#3 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

And, funny, this is where it was located the last time 2700 E. Bidwell, Suite 500.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/z-pizza-folsom

#4 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

Are you sure they didn't just take down the Grisole sign and find the ZPizza sign under it?
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#5 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

LOL. Yeah, that's the same place Z Pizza was in two pizza joints before it became Girasole. I guess pizza joint #5 will be the one to make it there. :headbang:

"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

when you have a pizza oven in a business and all the set up, its much easier to sell the business than the equipment.  so if its set up for pizza, some one else can try to get just the right combo!

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#7 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

I don't remember the Grisole sign. But the zPizza sign is lighted. And yes, it's in Suite 500. How funny, maybe they think business will be better than 2007.

#8 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

Are you sure they didn't just take down the Grisole sign and find the ZPizza sign under it?

LOL! That's my guess too, unless someone is really crazy enough to open another pizza joint where so many have failed before?

I think the problem with that location is that there are other bigger better very well established places with pizza so close by - Viscontis and BJ's.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#9 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

BJ'S sells pizza??? Is it really a pizza designation? (Not a big fan of BJs)

#10 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

BJ'S sells pizza??? Is it really a pizza designation? (Not a big fan of BJs)

Yep they sell pizza, it's not too bad. They have both thin and thick crust versions. Dunno if it's specifically a pizza destination for some, their menu is very expansive. I only go there about once a year. For me personally, my pizza destination is further down the street at Chicago Fire (when not making it at home).

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#11 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

Weird. I guess they really are going to try to give it a go again:

http://sacramento.cr...4100670628.html

ZPIZZA -Now hiring@Folsom&Roseville locations (east bidwell st/douglas blvd)

Z Pizza is looking for friendly hard working people for positions in -

cashier, cook, delivery, food prep,

Needs to be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment

food experience recommended
This is a part-time job.
This is a contract job.
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Posted: 2013-09-30, 11:00AM PDT

#12 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Good Product. They used to be under FransMart along with Zyng Asian Grill as two of the top up and coming franchises of 2004.

Glad to see they are trying again.

#13 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

It's open....and I tried it this week.  

The workers were super nice. There was one group of people at a table with no food. As I was ordering "take & bake" another family came in after me. They said it would be 15 minutes for my order. Actually, I think they got brought it to me within 8-10 minutes. 

It looked delicious. A standard pepperoni pizza with light cheese and thin crust. Unfortunately, the bottom never cooked. I even took it off the special plate and put it on the cookie sheet. The top was dark & crispy, but the bottom was soft & doughy, only slightly cooked. It tasted ok initially, especially the outer edges where the crust was actually cooked. But then, there was this really weird, icky smell after put it back into the oven, and it was at the 20+ minute point. Like something was rotten. Not appetizing at all. Most of it went into the trash.

Not good.  :noway:

#14 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

Well, I'm not a big pizza fan anyways...it could've just been me. I hope they are successful. They had more customers than when Grisole's was open, so that's a good sign. 

#15 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

Agreed, home cooked food is usually much better! I don't eat that much bread, and I don't eat cheese except as a condiment, so pizza, except on rare special occassions, just isn't my thing. Now if we are talking beef like the roast I made tonignt, then..   :letseat:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users