2 replies to this topic

#1 redman

redman

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

Suishin is the best sushi in town by far, in my opinion. I've been going there with my wife and 5 year old daughter (huge fan of raw fish, by the way) since 2006. 

Due to slow business, they shut down for good in late November, or so they thought. We were pretty bummed about it. But then they worked things out and reopened last week! Same owner, same menu (with a few tweaks), and same quality.

I wanted to share the news because we are huge fans of this place. I don't have any connections to the owner (other than he's a great guy, and also happens to be the sushi chef). Just trying to help a favorite restaurant succeed so they can stick around.

Some may point out that they do not have the fastest service or the lowest prices. That is true. They are not a chain. There is one sushi chef (the owner) and a few staff. Their best rolls are a few bucks more than the other local places. But portions are bigger (especially the amount of fish on top) and the quality is top-notch. The fish is high grade and extremely fresh. I notice a huge difference compared to the chains around town. Also, no need for big gobs of mayo-based sauces on top like most other places do. The fish stands on its own very well. So for me, if I'm splurging on a night out at a sushi joint, I'd rather wait a few minutes longer and pay a couple dollars more for sushi that tastes much better, and get more of it.

Anyway, if you are really into sushi, give them a try. They are in the little strip mall (which is mostly vacant right now) next to Winco and Curry Club, set back from Blue Ravine a bit.

#2 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

Wow, this is good news. I love Suishin. However, because it costs more than others, I don't go as often as I like. The owner is super nice, and the quality is great. I'll stop by sometime soon.

#3 steph77

steph77

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

That's great news. For me, it's their location. They too, are my favorite but are on the opposite side of town. Taiko is more convenient, especially when my hubby is bringing me dinner on his way home. But, when we go out to Sushi (vs. order in) we go to Suishin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users