38 replies to this topic

#1 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

Just a reminder that there are lots of wonderful dogs and cats available for adoption through City of Folsom Animal Services.

Check out the City of Folsom website to see who is looking for a new home.

http://www.folsom.ca...ets/default.asp

You can contact Blue Ravine Animal Hospital to set up an appointment to see any of these sweeties!

916-984-0990

fan4ricci
This is our life. It's all that we get. The days are all numbered and the nights are all spent - Rob Thomas "Snowblind" -2009

#2 legofamily

legofamily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Reading
    Hiking
    Photography
    Sports
    Science

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

We adopted a beautiful cat last weekend. Now we have two kitties in our household. :D:

#3 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

We adopted a beautiful cat last weekend. Now we have two kitties in our household. :D:

AHHH -Thank you Thank you Thank you

Who did you adopt?
This is our life. It's all that we get. The days are all numbered and the nights are all spent - Rob Thomas "Snowblind" -2009

#4 legofamily

legofamily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
    Hiking
    Photography
    Sports
    Science

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

We adopted our cat at PetsMart, so I am not sure it was through the City of Folsom Animal Services. I am thinking it probably wasn't. They had a lot of cats they were trying to find homes for though. Our cat is a Siamese mix, about 2 years old.

#5 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

We adopted our cat at PetsMart, so I am not sure it was through the City of Folsom Animal Services. I am thinking it probably wasn't. They had a lot of cats they were trying to find homes for though. Our cat is a Siamese mix, about 2 years old.

Not through the City then but it's still wonderful that another cat found a home! There are sooooo many out there right now anything is good! :)

#6 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

Well, those kittens are just too cute!
Can I do a 2 day trial with an older cat to see if my two small dogs are accepting.....do you do trials?

#7 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

Can I do a 2 day trial with an older cat to see if my two small dogs are accepting.....do you do trials?

I have no idea if they do trials or not, but 2 weeks would be better than 2 days. It's really best to keep a new pet secluded for at least week or so, and just let all the pets sniff each other under the door before territory is encroached on. A new pet (especially a cat) will likely spend the first 2+ days under the bed (or hiding in closet, etc) before feeling comfortable in a new living situation.

#8 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

I already have two dogs and two cats so I can't take in more but I wanted to bump this topic. My dogs were adopted and the cats I acquired were both strays. All are cuddle bugs!

#9 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you!
I'm not sure if they do trials... Call Blue Ravine Animal Hospital to see... They really want to find homes for all of them so.... I can tell you that the kittens I am fostering are all great with small dogs - as I have 3 small dogs at home. I am fostering - Crush, Squirt, Celery, Cauliflower and now Goldblum...

I already have two dogs and two cats so I can't take in more but I wanted to bump this topic. My dogs were adopted and the cats I acquired were both strays. All are cuddle bugs!

Thank you! :)

#10 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

Folsom Felines or Animal Outreach? Thanks for adopting.

#11 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:10 PM

EAH - did you ever call about the trial? Just wondering! :)

#12 legofamily

legofamily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
    Hiking
    Photography
    Sports
    Science

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

Folsom Felines or Animal Outreach? Thanks for adopting.

It was Animal Outreach. Very nice people and very dedicated to finding good homes for the cats.

#13 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

Just bumping this...

Still lots of animals that need homes...

I still have 3 foster kittens and there are some new dogs available.

Check them out on the City of Folsom Website.

Thanks!

#14 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

Love to help but we adopted two kittens last summer (only intended to take one but couldn't separate the brothers)and adopted a puppy who had no home a couple of months ago. Between them and our older dog (also a rescue), we're full up now!

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#15 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

Whoever is naming the cats at the city website is doing a terrific job.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users