• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

Any bunnies????
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#17 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:04 AM

Any bunnies????

Petsmart on E.Bidwell had tons of bunnies on Sunday...

#18 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

Petsmart on E.Bidwell had tons of bunnies on Sunday...

I think they have tons of bunnies everyday, but the volunteers are only there on the weekends.

#19 Al Waysrite

Al Waysrite

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

A great gift for your kids would be a dog or cat adopted from a shelter.

#20 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

Love to help but we adopted two kittens last summer (only intended to take one but couldn't separate the brothers)and adopted a puppy who had no home a couple of months ago. Between them and our older dog (also a rescue), we're full up now!

I'm with you - I'm all full too. I love the foster kittens I have right now... I would keep them all if I could. 2 of them have been with me since the beginning of September so it's going to soo hard to seem them go (and I just know I'm going to cry like a baby!)... I just want to find them the perfect homes... They are all very sweet and very silly!
This is our life. It's all that we get. The days are all numbered and the nights are all spent - Rob Thomas "Snowblind" -2009

#21 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:38 AM

My wife and a few of her co-workers rescued a litter of feral kittens they found near her work in EDH and they all adopted one each - here's our new addition...

He's a fuzzy one, has a huge furry tail, almost looks like a raccoon tail... my daughter named him Dexter (after the show)

Posted Image

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#22 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

My wife and a few of her co-workers rescued a litter of feral kittens they found near her work in EDH and they all adopted one each - here's our new addition...

He's a fuzzy one, has a huge furry tail, almost looks like a raccoon tail... my daughter named him Dexter (after the show)

Posted Image

How cute is that!!! So wonderful that they took them in and adopted them all... Pretty special people if you ask me! :)
This is our life. It's all that we get. The days are all numbered and the nights are all spent - Rob Thomas "Snowblind" -2009

#23 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

Here are 2 of my foster kittens.... The one splashed out in the middle - I ended up adopting... Yup... Couldn't resist her! Attached File  The girls.jpg   73.94K   18 downloads

#24 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:02 PM

Here is #3.... This is Lars (AKA Goldblum on the City website). Attached File  P10302221.JPG   76.86K   16 downloads

#25 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

Cabbage and Cauliflower still need homes. They are no longer with me in foster care but are back at the shelter... :(

Please let your friends and family know that these 4 month old kittens need a home soon! They need a forever home ASAP.

Thank you.

#26 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

Open House at Blue Ravine Animal Hospital next Saturday, Feb 12th 2-6pm.

Even if you do not take your pets to BRAH - come check out the new shelter area for the cats and dogs.

There are lots of cats that need homes along with a few dogs.

There will also be information on what is needed as donations to keep the animals happy.

Thanks!

#27 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

Hey everyone.... There are about 15 cats up for adoption at the city shelter! So many great ones. What personalities!! Go check out "Duck" the cat.. Yup, you heard me right...Duck...

If you are looking for a cat 1 year or older - they have the perfect match for you.

Check out the City of Folsom website - under Animal Services...

Oh and go check out the new cat adoption room at the new Blue Ravine Animal Hospital at 1770 Praire City Road.
It's pretty cool!
Phone # 916-984-0990

Thanks,
fan4ricci

#28 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

Hey everyone.... There are about 15 cats up for adoption at the city shelter! So many great ones. What personalities!! Go check out "Duck" the cat.. Yup, you heard me right...Duck...

If you are looking for a cat 1 year or older - they have the perfect match for you.

Check out the City of Folsom website - under Animal Services...

Oh and go check out the new cat adoption room at the new Blue Ravine Animal Hospital at 1770 Praire City Road.
It's pretty cool!
Phone # 916-984-0990

Thanks,
fan4ricci

I'm not in the market for a new pet, but I love the fact that you promote adopting animals from the shelter. We got our pooch, who is going on 10 now, from a rescue shelter. She's wonderful. :)
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#29 Rickykicks

Rickykicks

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:I like everything from hiking in the foothills to playing world of warcraft on my laptop. I've a conservative my nature and I fully support the brave men and woman serving overseas in our great military, may god bring them home safe! <br /><br />I work at The Hartford Insurance Agency, Workers Comp Division and I go to school at Folsom Lake College and study Anthropology.

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

I got my cat Maverick from them last year in september. I'll be getting another one soon
The Maverick Cat needs a brother or sister :2thumbsup:
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss.
Robert A. Heinlein

Being right too soon is socially unacceptable.
Robert A. Heinlein

Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy.
Robert A. Heinlein

Never insult anyone by accident.
Robert A. Heinlein

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Robert A. Heinlein

#30 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

I got my cat Maverick from them last year in september. I'll be getting another one soon
The Maverick Cat needs a brother or sister :2thumbsup:

Very cool! I don't remember any Maverick's coming through the shelter so I assume he had another name? Just wondering what it was in case I knew him! :) I fosterd a few kittens and I always wonder how they are doing!
I loved them like my own so I worry about them still! :)

Glad to hear you will go back for another.. That makes us very happy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users