15 replies to this topic

#16 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

We had a chance to try Lucille's over the weekend. Absolutely LOVED the place! Besides the awesome food, the staff and service were amazing. Probably the best of any restaurant I've ever been to besides The Kitchen. I also loved the atmosphere of the place. That was my kind of joint. A live blues band was setting up just as we were leaving. If only I didn't have my kid with me! I would have spent a few more hours and consumed a few more cocktails.

The meat was all so flavorful that I didn't feel the need to add any/extra BBQ sauce. I prefer my ribs a little more fall-off-the-bone than these, but that's a minor quibble in the grand scheme of the meal. My son loved the brisket and pulled pork he stole from my plate and I usually can't get him to eat BBQ! Not to mention the corn on the cob that I only had one bite of before he snatched it. His kids-meal plate was the only thing that wasn't eaten that night.

The meal was on the pricey side, but they don't cut any corners. The $28 two-meat platter had enough food that we had leftover BBQ the next night. They even tossed extra biscuits, apple butter and BBQ sauce into the ToGo bag for us. When my son claimed ownership of everyone's watermelon on our plates (there's a theme here about how well my son ate that night and his kleptomaniac tendencies), the server offered to bring more out for us without us even thinking to ask. I also loved how they brought a warm wet towel at the end of the meal instead of the typical wet wipes; a nice touch after a plate of ribs with a nice heavy glaze on them. The lollipops they had for you to grab on the way out were full-size Tootsie Pops, not cheap dime-a-dozen lollipops. Ask them for a toothpick and you get a container that resembles a box of matches with about a dozen heavy-duty toothpicks inside. Another nice touch... and necessary after that meal.

Overall, the atmosphere of the place along with the food puts Lucille's near the top of my all-time favorites list. I just wish it was closer to Folsom. I have to negotiate a trip to the mall as a reason for going out there. Now that I think about it, that makes the overall cost much higher than the bill itself.

It's still worth it. We're already thinking about our next trip out there and what different items we want to try,
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users