1 reply to this topic

#1 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 03:26 PM

For anyone out there on limited incomes, like "Seasoned Citizens, etc., there is a fantastic group of services offered at the Ponderosa H. S. in the El Dorado Union High School District. Some of those are Culinary Arts, Auto Mechanics, Vet and/or Pet Grooming, Cosmetology, and others. ALL WORK IS DONE BY STUDENTS (BOTH H. S. AGE & ADULTS) SUPERVISED BY INSTRUCTORS/TEACHERS. I just learned about this recently and have tried several of the services offered in the Cosmetology program.

If you are interested you can call the Ponderosa H. S. to get the complete list of programs offered.

I have the phone # for the Cosmetology program and a list of the services this program offers such as hair cuts, permanents, pedicures, manicures, etc. There is a senior citizen discount on all prices.

If anyone is interested I will find out more and get back to you in a couple of weeks.

With the budget cuts coming some of these programs may be cut but if you could use any of the ROP services you will be helping keep the programs going and save yourself some money at the same time. I can highly recommend the Cosmetology program/services.

#2 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:27 AM

UPDATE!!!---------Other than the cosmetology dept of the ROP at Ponderosa HS, I still am not sure what, if any, services are offered to the public.

The cosmo. does offer a long list of services that are offered in retail barber and beauty shops. For instance:

Hair Cut----general public--- 7.00 senior & student---5.25

If you are interested, the Cosmetology phone # is 1-530-677-5248

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users