#1 hethrly

hethrly

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

Hello,
We are considering buying a home in the Steeplechase area. Does anyone on this forum have an opinion about the neighborhood? Are there young families? Is it quiet/safe, etc? I thought it might be strange to go knocking on doors, but I really want to do my research before we make a decision -- any thoughts?
Thanks!
Heather biggrin.gif

#2 FamilyMan

FamilyMan

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:58 PM

I used to live in Steeplechase and I still know many people there. It is a quiet neighborhood. It is safe. In the past 3 years many homes have turned into rentals and there are a couple tenants that the neighbors would like to see leave.
There are many nice, quality folks that live in Steeplechase. It's convenient, and affordable. I know of atleast two police officers and three correctional officers in that neighborhood. There are still many original owners there also.

#3 DougP

DougP

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(hstokhaug @ Jun 18 2006, 06:17 PM) View Post

Hello,
We are considering buying a home in the Steeplechase area. Does anyone on this forum have an opinion about the neighborhood? Are there young families? Is it quiet/safe, etc? I thought it might be strange to go knocking on doors, but I really want to do my research before we make a decision -- any thoughts?
Thanks!
Heather biggrin.gif

Although we don't live in the Steeplechase neighborhood directly, my wife and I live one street over with our house backing up onto it. We also regularly walk through the neighborhood at night for some exercise.

Having observed it over the past five years, it definitely seems to doing better these days than when we first moved here.

We have never see anything "bad" about the neighborhood -- it's pretty consistent with its age. However, over the past couple of years a huge number of homes have recently been painted, re-roofed, re-landscaped, etc. As a result, it just seems like people are really taking care of their homes there.

#4 Birdie

Birdie

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:47 PM

I lived in Steeplechase for more than 10 years, and agree with the others.

My main complaint was a lot of parking in the streets and the rentals that weren't being kept up (lawns not mowed). We moved to Parkway, so we have the HOA to support those things that bothered me.

I have Mello Roos now, and Steeplechase doesn't have it. That's a nice benefit of Steeplechase.

#5 ShayShay

ShayShay

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:32 AM

Hi there. We are moving from the Steeplechase subdivision next weekend. We have loved living here the past four years and put a lot of pride into our home. Our neighbors are great (for the most part) but unfortunatley we did not get to become more acquainted with most of them (everyone is so busy with their own lives, unfortunately). There are some problem people who take absolutely no pride in their homes and yes, lots of parked cars along the streets, but for the most part, the people who live here are great and it's pretty quiet. We will miss our morning walks to Lembi Park and down to the small toddler park at the end of Arbuckle. Our home was in a great location, along the Lembi Park fence line so we had no neighbors behind us. Bye, bye Folsom! You've been a great home for us but we've got to be moving on....

QUOTE(Birdie @ Jul 1 2006, 07:47 PM) View Post

I lived in Steeplechase for more than 10 years, and agree with the others.

My main complaint was a lot of parking in the streets and the rentals that weren't being kept up (lawns not mowed). We moved to Parkway, so we have the HOA to support those things that bothered me.

I have Mello Roos now, and Steeplechase doesn't have it. That's a nice benefit of Steeplechase.

#6 nic

nic

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:00 AM

I live in steeplechase and love it. We bought our house almost 2 years ago. We have kids all around and I feel very safe here. Like all neighborhoods you will have people who do not care for there homes as you would or ones who rent but there seems to be more who care than dont. Good luck,hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users