24 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa in Folsom

Lisa in Folsom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

I stopped by the new Selland's Market today and it it beautiful!!! They did a gorgeous job inside and the food was wonderful! I was actually pretty surprised that the prices were very reasonable. This is the family that has The Kitchen and Ella so I expected that it would be a lot higher. Looks like a nice lunch spot, there is beer and wine and I know that the midtown one has deals of dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine for $25. I think that stopping by to pick up lunch before hitting the wineries would be fun. I am a big fan of their restaurants and have worked with them on special events and they are a tremendous asset to the community.

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

Selland's is a favorite of ours. I'm glad to have them closer to home. Their food is consistently excellent. You can follow them on FB to find out the weekly specials.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

I stopped by the new Selland's Market today and it it beautiful!!! They did a gorgeous job inside and the food was wonderful! I was actually pretty surprised that the prices were very reasonable. This is the family that has The Kitchen and Ella so I expected that it would be a lot higher. Looks like a nice lunch spot, there is beer and wine and I know that the midtown one has deals of dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine for $25. I think that stopping by to pick up lunch before hitting the wineries would be fun. I am a big fan of their restaurants and have worked with them on special events and they are a tremendous asset to the community.

***mod- can you please change the title? It should read Selland's. Thanks**

What is this about?

#4 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

What is this about?

Selland's Market just opened up in El Dorado Hills.

http://www.sellands.com/
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#5 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

I stopped by the new Selland's Market today and it it beautiful!!! They did a gorgeous job inside and the food was wonderful! I was actually pretty surprised that the prices were very reasonable.

***mod- can you please change the title? It should read Selland's. Thanks**

done :D:
Thanks for the notice. I was a frequent visitor to their East Sac store when I lived down there.
I'll be able to walk over there for lunch, fantastic !!!

#6 steph77

steph77

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

I ate there tonight and was very pleased!
The location is wonderful, and the interior is spacious! I've been to the East Sac location and I like the layout here in EDH much better.
I'm also a huge fan of their restaurants and the food doesn't disappoint. I had the mushroom chicken and broccoli salad - both were good and the chicken was not dry.
Staff is very friendly which is huge in my book.
So glad to have them here!!

#7 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

My husband, daughter, and I ate at Selland's in EDH last night. We got there at 6 pm and the place was packed and there was a line to order food. Everything was delicious, the staff was friendly, and we were lucky enough to get a table.

Our only complaint, and it's something we're running into more and more, is that the place is extremely noisy. Restaurants don't seem to be installing the kinds of acoustics that keep noise to a minimum. I don't understand it. It makes it difficult to communicate with staff and with each other.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#8 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

ate there last week. we had the salmon with the potato gratin and the chicken with mushroom gravy and cauliflower gratin. They were lunch servings, so filling, but nothing to take home. It was very very good, noisy and had to share a table, so felt a little squeezed in, and it was over $30. so to recap: first quality food, very expensive and not that comfortable.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#9 FixMyDents

FixMyDents

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

My husband, daughter, and I ate at Selland's in EDH last night. We got there at 6 pm and the place was packed and there was a line to order food. Everything was delicious, the staff was friendly, and we were lucky enough to get a table.

Our only complaint, and it's something we're running into more and more, is that the place is extremely noisy. Restaurants don't seem to be installing the kinds of acoustics that keep noise to a minimum. I don't understand it. It makes it difficult to communicate with staff and with each other.

Your last paragraph is what keeps me from eating out more often. It took me several years to figure out how much more enjoyable it is to eat at home, served the way to like it, quiet environment, excellent service, and I don't have to tip myself for a meal well done! I'm part of the reason restaurants don't make it, I prefer to stay home instead of waiting in line for a table, then have a shouting contest with my dinner party, pass!

#10 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

I love Selland's and so do my kids. I agree with the noise assessment too, but will put up with it because we love the place so much. I swear, my daughter could eat a whole plate full of the roasted brussel sprouts with bacon. Yum.

#11 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

I love Selland's and so do my kids. I agree with the noise assessment too, but will put up with it because we love the place so much. I swear, my daughter could eat a whole plate full of the roasted brussel sprouts with bacon. Yum.

The brussel sprouts are awesome! :) We're huge fans of Selland's, but are more likely to do take-out than dine-in because of the noise.

When we go out to eat the noise at so many restaurants makes it impossible to carry on a conversation -- even when it's just the two of us and worse when we're with a group (no one can hear what someone at the other end of the table is saying). It's shocking to us that newly constructed restaurants and renovated restaurants seem to pay no attention to acoustics any more. While food and service may be good, if we can't socialize with one another the noise level alone rules out contention as a place to eat. It's sad, because we'd like to patronize some of these restaurants.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#12 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

I have some friends who designed their own restaurant in San Francisco, Piccino, and made special effort to reduce noise. Professional reviewers (who don't know that) actually comment on how pleasant it is because of how quiet it is even with a full house!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#13 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

I don't understand how clueless restaurant owners are about noise. I recently tried Johnny Rockets in Palladio and even with only two tables in use, it still was very noisy. I won't be going back any time soon.

#14 FolsomEJ

FolsomEJ

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

I don't understand how clueless restaurant owners are about noise. I recently tried Johnny Rockets in Palladio and even with only two tables in use, it still was very noisy. I won't be going back any time soon.

Freebirds also has the same problem. I used to think Chipotle was loud...not even close.

#15 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Freebirds also has the same problem. I used to think Chipotle was loud...not even close.

Wow, I didn't think it could get louder than Chipotle.

(Moderators: Maybe we need to break out our discussion of acoustics in restaurants.)
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users