31 replies to this topic

#1 knittychick

knittychick

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

I hope there is no connection between the daughter and boyfriend disappearing and the mom's death that another station reported:

Foul Play Suspected In El Dorado Hills Death
Discovery Made On Tattinger Court
POSTED: 12:07 pm PDT June 15, 2009
UPDATED: 4:53 pm PDT June 15, 2009

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif -- Police said foul play is suspected after a woman was found dead Monday in El Dorado Hills, the sheriff's department said.

Marcelino Navarro/KCRA

The body, which investigators said showed signs of trauma, was found at an upscale home in the 200 block of Tattinger Court.

The discovery was made by someone who went to check on the woman after she failed to report for work since Thursday.

The woman's name was not released, but she was said to be 45 years old.

Sources said the woman has a teenage daughter, but she has not been located.
Copyright 2009 by KCRA.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

"Peace is always beautiful." - Walt Whitman

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

Police seem to suspect the daughter and boyfriend were involved.

http://cbs13.com/loc....2.1046971.html

#3 curiousity

curiousity

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (ducky @ Jun 16 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Police seem to suspect the daughter and boyfriend were involved.

http://cbs13.com/loc....2.1046971.html

Not looking good for the two, I hope they are caught soon.

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

This link has photos.

http://www.kcra.com/...864/detail.html

#5 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (ducky @ Jun 16 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The CBS13 link has 3 photos, including what looks to be the house.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#6 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

Wow, I find this really shocking. The idea that a daughter could murder her own mother... described as a "violent death"...

Both the daughter and the boyfriend look pretty ratty. I wonder if they are drug addicts. And the fact they have altered their hair color and are on the run suggests they have no remorse.

So much for EDH being such a "nice" community. Goes to show you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Jun 16 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The CBS13 link has 3 photos, including what looks to be the house.

Sorry about that. At the time I first posted all they had was the house picture. You can delete it if you want.

#8 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (bordercolliefan @ Jun 16 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, I find this really shocking. The idea that a daughter could murder her own mother... described as a "violent death"...

Both the daughter and the boyfriend look pretty ratty. I wonder if they are drug addicts. And the fact they have altered their hair color and are on the run suggests they have no remorse.

So much for EDH being such a "nice" community. Goes to show you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with El Dorado Hills being a nice community. I'm pretty sure it still is. It also has nothing to do with the outward appearance of these youth. Remember the Menendez brothers? They had a pretty clean-cut appearance if I remember right.

I agree it is shocking, especially with her being only 14 years old.

#9 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (ducky @ Jun 16 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure this has anything to do with El Dorado Hills being a nice community. I'm pretty sure it still is. It also has nothing to do with the outward appearance of these youth. Remember the Menendez brothers? They had a pretty clean-cut appearance if I remember right.

I agree it is shocking, especially with her being only 14 years old.

She is 14 and the boyfriend is 19? Hmmm..maybe that's what they were fighting about. And he's so cool he goes by the name "Boston." Losers.

He probably got more upset when they couldn't cure his acne.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#10 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (ducky @ Jun 16 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure this has anything to do with El Dorado Hills being a nice community. I'm pretty sure it still is. It also has nothing to do with the outward appearance of these youth.

I guess a better way to put it is, "A 'nice' community is no guarantee that some residents are not horrible, depraved individuals capable of horrific, depraved acts." Are you happier with that?

As for the outward appearances... while I agree with you that some very respectable kids cultivate a "stoner" look just for fun, it still raises a red flag for me. Particularly when the girl is only 14 (but looks 18), and has a much older boyfriend... it does not add up to a very nice picture. Let's just say that on the limited information of the girl's appearance and boyfriend, I would not be rushing to hire her as a babysitter for my kids.

#11 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (bordercolliefan @ Jun 16 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess a better way to put it is, "A 'nice' community is no guarantee that some residents are not horrible, depraved individuals capable of horrific, depraved acts." Are you happier with that? (end quote)

But that's always been true.

(continued quote) As for the outward appearances... while I agree with you that some very respectable kids cultivate a "stoner" look just for fun, it still raises a red flag for me. Particularly when the girl is only 14 (but looks 18), and has a much older boyfriend... it does not add up to a very nice picture. Let's just say that on the limited information of the girl's appearance and boyfriend, I would not be rushing to hire her as a babysitter for my kids.

Nor would I on the limited information of a clean-cut, preppy look hire anyone as a babysitter for my child, but rather rely on personal knowledge or character references from those I trust.

I don't find these two to look particularly menacing from their photos, but, obviously, if they have done what they are suspected of they are monsters.

#12 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (bordercolliefan @ Jun 16 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel the same way. Just sickening!

#13 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:25 AM

Two years ago, this girl used to come over to my house with my daughter. She was a very normal pre-teen girl. VERY well mannered, very sweet. I knew her mom from the times my daughter would spend the night over there. Home was well kept, mom was an engineer. She used to drive the girls to get ice cream in the summer in her convertible. Her mom and I would chat about the struggles of being a single parent.

At the beginning of this last school year, my Daughter told me that she was no longer friends with Tylar. She said that Tylar "started smoking and dressed goth and bragged about drinking." Funny because this came on the heels of a conversation I had with my daughter last summer about how much people can change between high school and middle school. I shared with her some experiences of my own regarding some jr high friends that changed drastically.

I'm very proud of my daughter for recognizing these changes and not continuing to associate with this girl. Makes me feel as if I'm doing something right.
We all dream of a world of sunshine and rainbows and peace. The problem is some people think this would be a great place to live, while others think it would be a great place to pillage.

#14 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (jafount @ Jun 17 2009, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm very proud of my daughter for recognizing these changes and not continuing to associate with this girl. Makes me feel as if I'm doing something right.

Wow, good parenting. You just don't hear about that much anymore.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#15 brown

brown

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

Busted!

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) -- Two Sacramento area teenagers accused of murdering a parent are reportedly now in custody in the San Bruno area.

14-year old Tylar Witt and her 19-year-old boyfriend Steven Colver were apparently taken into custody Wednesday morning near the Tanforan Mall in San Bruno.

http://www.kron4.com...ault.aspx?tsp=1
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users