• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:16 PM

If any Peninsula natives remember this gem on Broadway in Burlingame, they re-located up here to Roseville (on Douglas next to the Starbucks at Douglas and Rocky Ridge).

Awesome freakin' sandwiches...old school-style. If you've been to their old place (shut down since they moved), you know what I mean.

There's no school like the old school.

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#2 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Dec 5 2007, 02:16 PM) View Post
If any Peninsula natives remember this gem on Broadway in Burlingame, they re-located up here to Roseville (on Douglas next to the Starbucks at Douglas and Rocky Ridge).

Awesome freakin' sandwiches...old school-style. If you've been to their old place (shut down since they moved), you know what I mean.

I am a bay area transplant (Millbrae) and it was on Broadway in Millbrae and Papes Meat was also located inside there too...
I will have to go over there didn't realize the family was still around I went to school with some of the kids..

#3 _john_doe_

_john_doe_

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Dec 5 2007, 02:16 PM) View Post

I used to live in Hillsborough, and would eat / shop there almost daily.

What work I have done I have done because it has been play. If it had been work I shouldn't have done it. Who was it who said, "Blessed is the man who has found his work"? Whoever it was he had the right idea in his mind. Mark you, he says his work--not somebody else's work. The work that is really a man's own work is play and not work at all. Cursed is the man who has found some other man's work and cannot lose it. When we talk about the great workers of the world we really mean the great players of the world. The fellows who groan and sweat under the weary load of toil that they bear never can hope to do anything great. How can they when their souls are in a ferment of revolt against the employment of their hands and brains? The product of slavery, intellectual or physical, can never be great.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users