3 replies to this topic

#1 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:52 AM

DH and I take our dog down to run around Ed Mitchell park frequently in the mornings (after the kids are all in school.) We've been astonished by the amount of trash there. There are plenty of trash cans - what on earth is so hard about putting the trash in the can? Just yesterday, there are soda cans sitting on the bench RIGHT NEXT TO THE TRASH CAN!

I KNOW that the middle school is right there and that is probably where a lot of it is coming from. The kids walk through the park before and after school.

My daughter gets really annoyed with seeing trash around and can't stand people who litter because that's the way she was raised. Her last school also taught a lot about the environment and being aware of how your actions affect the others around you as well as wildlife, etc. Are you teaching your kids not to litter?

Just a few weeks ago, we were up at Apple Hill and this family is walking down the street. A bunch of them stopped and left their red plastic cups and beer bottles on the side of the road so I rolled down the window and asked them - You're not seriously going to leave that there, are you? Of course, the real class acts that they were, they just mouthed off and left the stuff there. As your grandmother would have asked, were you raised in a barn?????????

Here's the biggest culprit at the park - those insidious little plastic covers for the juice box straws. After every kid's soccer game down there they are EVERYWHERE. Where are the parents? If the kids have snacks and juice after the game, why aren't the parents insisting that the kids properly dispose of the plastic?

Oh yea, and while I'm at it - pick up after your dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you take your dog there, bring a baggie. The place is loaded with dog crap.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#2 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:29 PM

I totally agree with you....I have seen more dog poo in Prairie Oaks than I should...HOWEVER, please be careful when shouting at strangers...Remember, the crazy man who shot the little girl on Highway 50 and was paralyzed??? Her dad cut off the guy on the freeway and he was mad ....
Anyways, you never know...If the person just leaves garbage around, they are capable of other bad things because they don't have a conscious...
I was recently in an accident and the husband and wife who hit me didn;t even ask if my child was alright and tried to lie about the accident.....NOT to mention she was on the cell phone and lied about that....

Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#3 pinkponger

pinkponger

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Swimming

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:22 AM

Look at it this way pay 18 for a pos chilton that tells you not a thing compaired to what Mitchell has to offer..2 is well worth it...
Stop your blood pressure order Triamterene online

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (pinkponger @ Jul 3 2009, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look at it this way pay 18 for a pos chilton that tells you not a thing compaired compared (FTFY) to what Mitchell has to offer..2 is well worth it...

I think I need a translation. sad.gif ?

Chefraven, I agree with you it is pretty disappointing that littering has come back in fashion. I was out walking the dog and picked up beer bottles people had strewn on the Theodore Judah lawn after they had their little pre-rodeo party after parking at the school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users