122 replies to this topic

#31 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

Thanks to Chris for pointing out what most people should know, except that bcf is obviously an older woman and thus identifies with Hillary and the out of touch Dem party. Many older women actually believe in the mythical *war on women*. Dummies. Plenty of people like her are in a bubble and they don't know any better...but they should. They are "set in their ways". The fact that none of them ever criticizes Dems or their policies is the ultimate tip-off to their blind, ignorant, slavish, and partisan nature towards Obama, Hillary, and the Democrap party.

Hopefully they don't have children...or the children don't listen to them.

#32 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:20 PM

Nice post, GoG. I pretty much agree with everything you say. It's funny how 2 Aces and Chris want to accuse us of being blind followers, but we are clearly the most independent thinkers on this board--able to make our own judgments and borrow from both the liberal and conservative philosophies. I would give Average Joe the mantle of independent thinker, too.

There is a lot of rage on this board--rage against liberals, against women, against the young... and doomsday predictions that America is going to hell in a handbasket. That may be the hardest gap to bridge. I just don't feel that rage. In general, I am satisfied with my country and my job, and with two terrific high school students who have many smart hard-working and thoughtful friends, I have an abiding optimism about America's future.

Nothing borrowed from conservatives from you two......   Pretty much left field stuff as always from the both of you.......    Lip service, playing the middle, mostly on GoG's part but we know the drill by now.   Kinda like those "reasonable gun laws" that are always proposed by the likes of you folks.........  No rage here, just disagreement but yet you see it as rage, spite, and personal attacks.  Listening to the left here is just like listening to MSNBC or CNN........   Insult after insult to anything that they, the left, disagree with.........   We get hit with it everyday, all week long, 24 seven on the news......   Same here from the folks on the left...  We conservatives are spiteful, ignorant, uneducated, unenlightened, mean spirited, racist....   Heard it all before.   If I am really doing good and hitting on all cylinders I listen to Rachael Maddow and the "View" (which I can stand for about 2-3 minutes at a time) to see if I am on the right track.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#33 GrumpyOldGuy

GrumpyOldGuy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

Chris - you tell us that we have no idea what the world really looks like.  One comment in a previous post clearly shows that it's actually you who has no idea what it looks like.  You said a large percent of the population lives in what we consider poverty (true).  Then you say that mobile phones are a luxury that only 1st world people get to have (not true).

I travel globally for work 3-4 times a year.  I have seen poverty that you could not even imagine (China, India, Dominican Republic, etc).  But when you look closely at the people in this abject poverty, you notice THEY ALL HAVE MOBILE PHONES!  For most of these people it's their only possession.  Just a quick statistic for you - there are approx 7 billion people on the planet.  At the end of 2015, 6 billion of them owned a mobile phone.  And the mobile phone industry makes a few less than 1 billion mobile phones every year.  For most of these people, their phone gives them a window to what is possible if they get an education. 

It would help your credibility if you checked the facts prior to making sweeping statements. 

#34 GrumpyOldGuy

GrumpyOldGuy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:11 PM

Aces - you seem to be a really frustrated and angry person.  From many of your posts, it looks like you think it would be effective to simply beat and shoot people until they see the world the way you want them to see it.   Remember that old adage "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword".  It might be worth your consideration.

#35 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

Vote for TRUMP...

Exactly right, Calvin. Trump has incredible support right now. And adding more every day. It's amazing. You can tell the Leftists are nervous as hell. Their little party is about to be crashed and trashed by Trump. The GOP will wise up...they won't have a choice. Actually, it's a genius strategy that Trump has employed here. Trump has appealed to the masses as a Populist candidate, and the Left is too clueless to figure it all out. The Dem playbook is outdated...dating all the way back to the 1990's. And again, if the GOP doesn't wise-up, they will be irrelevant in the future. Trump, in effect, is creating an entire new party...The Trump Party...the party of the people.

The stuck-in-the-past Democrat establishment would be far better off finding someone other than that old white woman who is rehashed, corrupt, dishonest, and likely a felon. Aren't they the party of "race diversity"? But Democrats are odd people. A little slow. I don't expect them to "get it". And I'm glad they don't.

But if that's all they got, then it's no wonder that the entire Democrat party is shaking in their pantsuits right now. The end is near for them. And they can sense it. The pandering doesn't work any more. They are getting more shrill. Hillary still under a major FBI investigation. The party's over. And that feckless Obama clown is responsible, since the #1 concern of people now is the economy and jobs. I applaud Obama for helping to damage the Democrat party. He finally did something good for America.

#36 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

Dems aren't shaking, they are laughing. Of all the possible things to happen to the reps, Trump has been the best ...for the dems.  BTW, pandering still does work. The dems are expert at messaging and controlling the narrative (although it helps that 80-90% of the press is on their side).  With Trump as figurhead, the Reps are done.  The old line will fight him and get destroyed in the next round of elections. In the general, he will lose the election due to his unfavorability ratings and the help of the press. That will further erode the Reps. No supreme court pick, a solid chance of seat losses in both the House and Senate, and popular disapproval for their positions and platform. It is a disaster for America, but an even bigger one for the Reps.

I could not think of a better way to ruin the party than what Trump and the "leadership" have done.  The dems may be wholly unsuited to deal with reality, but they know how to sell their message, however ridiculous it may be. AND they know how to stick together on their messaging.  They will win low information voters every single time.

Heere is just one example of bad dem policies.

http://www.foxnews.c...l?intcmp=hplnws

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#37 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:04 PM

Hillary's negatives much higher than Trump's, but the media hides those numbers. The GOP establishment will be rendered irrelevant. Trump's groundswell of support is tremendous...and will continue. Trust me, Dems are in full panic mode right now.

Joe needs to pay better attention to what's actually going on out there across America. No offense to Joe. Just tired of people buying into what the media spoon-feeds to them.

And as far as the other commenters here, well they're just totally clueless. But Chris makes sense, although he needs to recognize the Trump effect and not be scared of it. It's the only hope to take the country back. You can hate that, but it is what it is, folks.

#38 GrumpyOldGuy

GrumpyOldGuy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

I always get a kick out of people who say "We need to TAKE THE COUNTRY BACK".   My question is, "FROM WHOM?...FROM WHAT?"  Every policy, every program, ever benefit, every bit of legislation that people don't like has been created and passed by our duly elected government officials.  We are where we are because we put ourselves in that place.  Are we going to take the country back from ourselves??

Actually, I think the people who say it are leaving out a qualifier at the end.  What they really want to say is, "We need to TAKE THE COUNTRY BACK...to the 1950's."   Ain't gonna happen.

#39 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:16 PM

People like you are too entrenched in the status quo and your own twisted world view. If you knew your history, you'd know about revolutions. If people like you think things are "fine", then you have your heads in the sand. But hey, ignorance is bliss.

Be naive...at your own peril.

#40 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:37 PM

Chris - you tell us that we have no idea what the world really looks like.  One comment in a previous post clearly shows that it's actually you who has no idea what it looks like.  You said a large percent of the population lives in what we consider poverty (true).  Then you say that mobile phones are a luxury that only 1st world people get to have (not true).

I travel globally for work 3-4 times a year.  I have seen poverty that you could not even imagine (China, India, Dominican Republic, etc).  But when you look closely at the people in this abject poverty, you notice THEY ALL HAVE MOBILE PHONES!  For most of these people it's their only possession.  Just a quick statistic for you - there are approx 7 billion people on the planet.  At the end of 2015, 6 billion of them owned a mobile phone.  And the mobile phone industry makes a few less than 1 billion mobile phones every year.  For most of these people, their phone gives them a window to what is possible if they get an education. 

It would help your credibility if you checked the facts prior to making sweeping statements. 

Yes, of the world’s estimated 7 billion people, 6 billion have access to mobile phones, 2 billion for smart phones, smart phones is what I said.  Only 4.5 billion have access to a toilet.......   and more than 750,000 people die each year from diarrhea and one of its primary causes is from unsanitary conditions created in communities without access to toilets.

I think I'd rather have a working toilet than a phone......  And the NY Times so I could read it and then wipe my..........

Anyway, back on subject:  Hillary vs Trump

1A - 2A = -1A

#41 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:07 PM

Yeah, and don't forget how leftist ideologues conspired with the U.N. to ban the pesticide DDT several decades ago. That alone has been responsible for tens of millions of deaths worldwide since then due to malaria.

Yes, leftists are morons...but they "feel good" about their childish nonsense. And their followers are just as stupid.

Hillary will get votes...and that will indicate just how mentally ill the modern Democrat party is...and why we are headed toward a civil war in this country.

But it won't be civil...trust me.

#42 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

I always get a kick out of people who say "We need to TAKE THE COUNTRY BACK".   My question is, "FROM WHOM?...FROM WHAT?"  Every policy, every program, ever benefit, every bit of legislation that people don't like has been created and passed by our duly elected government officials.  We are where we are because we put ourselves in that place.  Are we going to take the country back from ourselves??

Actually, I think the people who say it are leaving out a qualifier at the end.  What they really want to say is, "We need to TAKE THE COUNTRY BACK...to the 1950's."   Ain't gonna happen.

Not even close to true.  Unelected bureaucrats write regulations with the weight of law. they create programs with the weight of law, and they do so with little to no oversight by elected officials. Congress may pass a few hundred laws a year, but Agencies pass close to 10,000 regulations a year.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#43 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

Joe needs to pay better attention to what's actually going on out there across America. No offense to Joe. Just tired of people buying into what the media spoon-feeds to them.

And as far as the other commenters here, well they're just totally clueless.

LOLOLOLOL Oh, ok. I'll take my advice from a hypocritical troll blinded by ideology. Hahahaha.  And you don't even see it!  Your posts are the mirror of all you claim to hate.  "No offense..."  Lmao.

#44 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

Joe, for you to dismiss Trump tells me you're not paying attention. You can laugh all you want...just look in the mirror while you do it.

Oh, "LMAOLMAOLMAO"...LOLOLOLOL...hahaha", as you say...

Childish, Joe, childish.

#45 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:20 PM

And...since you add no value to the discussion but are merely good for throwing bombs, telling others what they should do and name-calling, you get the distinction of being only the fourth person I have blocked in ten years. Have fun with it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users