Photo
- - - - -

What Do Folsom Firefighters And Library Workers Have In Common?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Gwyneth

Gwyneth

Netizen

• Member*
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Redone @ Jul 12 2006, 10:17 PM) View Post

Since you started this thread about the 2 previous threads I am surprised at this. FF's .... it was the FF part and not the Librarian......Is Sac Metro also trying to merge with the Library? That's new.

Sorry Redone, I think the threads are getting tangled again. It was I who suggested that one thing the two Departments have in common is "Caring employees who risked their jobs and reputations by standing up to the establishment".

To which you responded "Wanting to merge with another entity hardly qualifies as standing up to the establishment," which Childof must have interpreted as referring to both groups. Hence Childof's comment: "The library staff dont want to merge with another entity."

As far as your question "......Is Sac Metro also trying to merge with the Library?", ironically, Folsom used to be a mere branch of Sac Public Library system. Sac County tried to close the Folsom location in the early nineties, but the citizens stood up and convinced the City to take it over and keep it open. Many of those original supporters are still involved today, and should get the lion's share of the credit for, after all these years, seeing to it that the dream of a new library building is finally materializing. Someone who didn't know better might assume the current building project is a development that should be credited to the current administration.

Sac County might have liked to suck Folsom back into its gaping maw in recent years, but there are definite advantages to Folsom in remaining independent. Lack of professional direction and resources is not one of them.

Sounds like Childof's intention was to point out the similarities between the two Departments rather than the differences. Maybe the two should get together for a big barbecue in City Park and share their experiences, at which fete I'd love to be a fly on the dumpster.

Sorry for any confusion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users