639 replies to this topic

#586 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:52 AM

When Borders closed, it was supposedly because bookstores were "obsolete".  But B&N seems to be thriving, and I read today that Amazon is going to open bookstores as well.  Apparently news about the death of large bookstores was greatly exaggerated.

#587 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:58 AM

When Borders closed, it was supposedly because bookstores were "obsolete".  But B&N seems to be thriving, and I read today that Amazon is going to open bookstores as well.  Apparently news about the death of large bookstores was greatly exaggerated.

And at the time, our Borders in Folsom was one of their strongest stores with high profits.  Would love to see another bookstore here with a coffee shop.  It was always a great way to kill time.

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#588 Folsomsince73

Folsomsince73

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:30 PM

Went through again tonight... No signs saying anything but its still open...also noticed the spot next to AT&T was also under construction....

#589 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:25 AM

The info I received was 2nd hand...she was adamant B&N was coming. I noticed the new construction also.

It will be interesting to see what they do with this new Barnes & Noble that makes it better than the one on Sunrise; the drive is pretty equidistant for us with much less stop-and-go to get to the Sunrise location. Currently, I make the drive to the Palladio/Costco side of Folsom about once a week and try to combine anything I need to do on that side of town for the same day -- not a fan of all the congestion.

That's funny, because I prefer to avoid the congestion getting through folsom to the other side of town (to the Fleet Feet side). Sounds like both of us don't like congestion.

#590 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

Heard that Sports Authority may be heading towards bankruptcy. That will leave another big empty spot. 

#591 mark101020

mark101020

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:50 PM

From B&N direct...

Subject
I was wondering if B&N have any new stores in the works. There is a rumor...

Response By Email (Bill) (02/11/2016 02:47 PM)
Dear Mark Lange,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Currently, we have no construction plans for new stores in the Folsom, CA and Sacramento, CA areas in the near future.  However, we do appreciate your interest in having us in your community and have forwarded the information to our Real Estate & Development Department.  We will certainly keep your inquiry in mind.

We hope to see you in our stores soon.

Sincerely,

William

Retail Services Representative
Barnes & Noble Retail Services
1-800-962-6177
customerservice@bn.com
Monday - Friday, 8 am to 7 pm ET
Saturday & Sunday, 9 am to 6 pm ET

Edited by mark101020, 15 February 2016 - 01:51 PM.

#592 Folsomsince73

Folsomsince73

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:59 PM

Barnes & Noble is coming... Went and did some snooping around today and a few stores I went into informed me that was what was going in....Im sooo Excited right now.. A Definite win win for everyone....

#593 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:37 PM

FreeBirds is now closed. Guess even with Chipotle poisoning people they couldn't make it. Never ate there and heard it was just "ok".

#594 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:59 PM

From B&N direct...

Subject
I was wondering if B&N have any new stores in the works. There is a rumor...

Response By Email (Bill) (02/11/2016 02:47 PM)
Dear Mark Lange,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Currently, we have no construction plans for new stores in the Folsom, CA and Sacramento, CA areas in the near future.  However, we do appreciate your interest in having us in your community and have forwarded the information to our Real Estate & Development Department.  We will certainly keep your inquiry in mind.

We hope to see you in our stores soon.

Sincerely,

William

Retail Services Representative
Barnes & Noble Retail Services
1-800-962-6177
customerservice@bn.com
Monday - Friday, 8 am to 7 pm ET
Saturday & Sunday, 9 am to 6 pm ET

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated

In other exciting news, I did hear a brazilian steakhouse (chain) is coming to the Palladio

http://www.bizjourna...-to-folsom.html

#595 Folsomsince73

Folsomsince73

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:54 PM

Found out today that Sleep Number Systems is adding a store next to AT&T.... and I did talk to the construction people that are working on the Barnes and Noble and was able to verify that as well... It's finally looking like a mall.

#596 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

Found out today that Sleep Number Systems is adding a store next to AT&T.... and I did talk to the construction people that are working on the Barnes and Noble and was able to verify that as well... It's finally looking like a mall.

So William from B&N is lying in his letter posted here earlier?

#597 Folsomsince73

Folsomsince73

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:44 PM

Either William is lying or not the right person to contact or all the workers at the Palladio are lying...you decide what makes more sense....

#598 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:53 PM

Either William is lying or not the right person to contact or all the workers at the Palladio are lying...you decide what makes more sense....

One more option....you are lying!

#599 mark101020

mark101020

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:57 PM

Please see emails from the city Senior Building Inspector and city Principle Planner. If someone would know should be these guys. Maybe everyone is wrong...who knows

Mark,

I have  not heard of Barnes and Noble coming to Folsom.  I know they were slated originally to be a part of the Palladio.  As to whether or not they are considering us again, I would have no idea. 

I am copying Steve Banks in the Planning division.  He may have a better awareness of upcoming projects and the possibility of Barnes and Nobel being one of them. 

Have a great day,

Greg Soliz

Senior Building Inspector

City of Folsom

V 916-355-7323

F 916-355-7274

gsoliz@folsom.ca.us

Good afternoon Mr. Lange,

I am not aware of any information regarding Barnes and Noble opening a store in Folsom.  Elliott Homes and their leasing office (Gloria Wright) would be your best bet to obtain information on leasing within Palladio at Broadstone.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Banks

Principal Planner

City of Folsom

sbanks@folsom.ca.us

(916) 355-7385

#600 Folsomsince73

Folsomsince73

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

Wow....Funny...Well the fourth option is to go find out for yourself and then apologize for your rudness towards me....or wait till it opens and apologize to me...Either way at the end you will be apologizing for your comments.... 😀

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users