5 replies to this topic

#1 webmaster

webmaster

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 09:23 PM

The city of Folsom will hold a utility forum at 7 p.m. Dec. 4 to review programs and projects related to the city's sewer and solid waste utilities.

Senior Public Works staff members will be on hand to discuss programs and projects and answer questions. Information will be presented on sewers and solid waste, water conservation and regulatory compliance, in addition to proposed rate changes.

A second workshop on the topic is scheduled for Jan. 22.

For more information, call (916) 355-7272.
MyFolsom.Com Message Board Tip #3
To view all new threads in the last 24 hours, Click on "Today's Active Topics" from the forum index.

#2 ljselig

ljselig

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 01:06 PM

Most residents probably don't suspect that the city will have make huge increases in sewer rates soon. It is my opinion that the city was obligated to collect adequate sewer-improvement fees from the developers.

The city gave developers some free-rides, the sanitary sewer system was not properly upgraded and maintained, and NOW we are really going to get socked with some huge costs.

I am disgusted that the city spent $1,800 for each of the bolt-down sanitary sewer manhole covers --- just for the covers! Hundreds of manholes were bolted down, contrary to the advice of engineers.

Spending millions on "studies" and improper sealings is an outrage. The officials wasted this money that also should have gone to improving the sanitary sewer system.

I think it is time for some answers from these officials.... honest answers for a change. Folsom is on the Agenda for the Regional Water Quality Control Board meeting December 6, 2002.

The city was required to turn in data regarding the manhole sealings, and they turned in a bunch of nonsense WITHOUT Certification by an Engineer.
The Water Quality Board is looking for this information.

#3 kanda

kanda

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (ljselig @ Dec 1 2002, 01:06 PM)
Most residents probably don't suspect that the city will have make huge increases in sewer rates soon. .

The proposed rates will approximately double sewer rates next year, and tack on another 50% the year after. The total increase for all services (sewer, trash, water) is over $400 / year (bringing the total to over $1200 / year), but some of that increase is gradually implemented over the next 5 years. Thank goodness that $50 / year library bill failed. wink.gif

It was already pretty expensive to live in Folsom. Looks like it's going to become a bit more expensive.

#4 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 07:54 AM

This is the Joyous season to give thanks for many blessings. The situation our city is in is not one of them!

Folsom's population is far beyond the public figures reported and WITHOUT most developers paying for expansion of necessary fcilities!

If the papers haven't been purposely shredded, the PUBLIC records are available at city hall for all to see-----where the tax money we have all paid has been wasted! There was money for a library!!! They have been shuffling money around to rob Peter to pay Paul, with the city credit card routinely abused! WE PAY THOSE BILLS!!! Now, the major sewer problems and lack of adequate water treatment facilities are to be paid by us with major increases!!! This is only because of stupidity/corruption!!!

I cannot understand how most of my fellow residents can ignore and even condone these abuses in our local city government!!!

How can we sit by and tolerate such abuses!!!??? SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!!! WHAT???

I saw for the first time yesterday, Mrs. Trejo's property, and the GROSSLY ILLEGAL, DNGEROUS, UNHEALTHY 3 YEAR OLD SITUATION THERE with the pvc above ground pipe installed BY THE CITY OF FOLSOM for her sewage disposal with an extension cord plug run on top of a flower bed to power the pump which runs constantly plugged into her house electricity!!! SHE pays the bill! She was told by THE CITY OF FOLSOM three years ago that it was a TEMPORARY situation!!! How long does an 80+ person have to wait???

DOESN'T ANYONE OUT THERE CARE ABOUT WHAT CITY HALL IS DOING TO US ALL!!!!!

We are paying for for all the stupidity/corruption and will be paying a whole lot more!!!!

#5 Folsomite

Folsomite

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:55 AM

Bettye,

I am not familiar enough with the situation to do it myself, but if I were you, I'd give the Bee a call or better yet, even channel 3... nothing fixes things like a nice public humiliation. This "temporary fix" on the situation sounds like enough for an expose from a news source. wink.gif
The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.

Ben Stein

#6 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 03:54 PM

tHANKS! I have notified both the Bee & the Telegraph. They both had articles about the Trejo problem before and nothing has been done yet. The whole situation in Folsom needs a GRAND JURY investigation, not JUST the sewer problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users