22 replies to this topic

#1 luvmycity

luvmycity

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:06 AM

In Sunday's (Aug. 14) edition of the SacBee, in the Folsom/Rancho section, the police/fire log lists that "severed horse legs" were left on the lawn of a Williams Street home. Does anyone have any additional info? Needless to say, this isn't your typical random incident, and where's the rest of the horse? Very disturbing.

#2 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:30 AM

When we read this same thing in the paper this a.m., Ken asked, "Where is Williams St.?". I have no idea where it is located. But it is a most peculiar and savage act.

#3 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:07 PM

Savage is the word for it. I was sickened when I read of it. (Yes, I love horses, too).

#4 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:06 PM

good grief this sounds like a scene out of the Godfather movie - gnarly!

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:23 PM

It is off Russi, at the corner of the new middle school. Prairie Oaks area. This is to weird folks.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#6 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE(camay2327 @ Aug 14 2005, 04:23 PM)
It is off Russi, at the corner of the new middle school. Prairie Oaks area. This is to weird folks.

View Post

Very disturbing.

Is there a new middle school going in on Russi? Where on Russi is this going in?
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#7 s0479

s0479

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Aug 15 2005, 09:51 AM)
Very disturbing.

Is there a new middle school going in on Russi? Where on Russi is this going in?

View Post

No middle school, it is Gallardo Elementary.

#8 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:13 AM

OK, I knew it was a school, just got the wrong one. Couldn't remember the stupid name they gave to it, after they changed it.

Anyway has anyone heard anything more about this??

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#9 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE(camay2327 @ Aug 15 2005, 11:13 AM)
OK, I knew it was a school, just got the wrong one. Couldn't remember the stupid name they gave to it, after they changed it.

View Post

It's a Sicilian message. It means don't make fun of the school's name.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#10 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(camay2327 @ Aug 15 2005, 12:13 PM)

View Post

Since there doesn't seem to be any information out there about this awful incident, I just took the liberty of sending the info to the KCRA news tip e-mail address, asking if they could investigate further and update the public.....

Let's see what happens.....first time I've ever done this sort of thing.
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#11 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:08 PM

I am still clinging to a glimmer of hope that there was something important missing from the police log... like that these were plastic horse legs from a merry-go-round or something...

#12 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:12 PM

I think the article was under animal control... not sure it looks good.

#13 luvmycity

luvmycity

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:15 PM

Hey Folsom Barb, let me know if KCRA turns up anything. By the way, good thinking! I knew that I was setting myself up for some Godfather references, but actually this could be a message to the residents on Williams Street, Sicilian or otherwise. This is just such a giant leap from the usual petty theft and chicken sh#@ vandalism that you see in Folsom that it warrants further investigation.

#14 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(luvmycity @ Aug 15 2005, 07:15 PM)
Hey Folsom Barb, let me know if KCRA turns up anything.  By the way, good thinking!  I knew that I was setting myself up for some Godfather references, but actually this could be a message to the residents on Williams Street, Sicilian or otherwise.  This is just such a giant leap from the usual petty theft and chicken sh#@ vandalism that you see in Folsom that it warrants further investigation.

View Post

I'll be watching KCRA to see if they mention it. I figure it will take them at least a few days to have any info, if they choose to pursue it. If I see anything, I'll let y'all know.

To me, this event was of such a horrific and disturbing nature, I'm very surprised that it's been kept so quiet.
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#15 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:44 AM

I agree. It seems that there would have been more information available as the days went by. Hopefully no one turns a blind-eye to such depravity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users