• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 02:04 PM

Neighbors, it is my unfortunate duty to tell you all some thief ran off with my computer bag out of my truck last night. My truck was locked, sitting in the driveway, but I now believe that crooks have gone "high tech".

I live specifically on Fratis St, right by the high school.

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 10:09 PM

I reported a car broken into on Duncan Way 2 weeks ago. I saw the left rear window either down or broken and the right front door wide open. I walked over and saw mail all over the front seat of the car and call Folsoms finest. They responded in about 5 minutes. They woke up the owner of the car and I heard her say a check was taken.

The two officers said that there was a lot of cars being broken into in Folsom.

Keep anything of value out of site and if you can put your car into the garage, do it.
Keep you garage doors closed during the day and at night.

A lot of things are stolen during the day.

Cal
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 So 95630

So 95630

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 11:55 AM

that stinks, John. sad.gif

#4 Black Diamond

Black Diamond

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:14 AM

My neighbor had a bike stolen out of their grarage during lunch time by students cruising through the neighborhood. Keep those garage doors shut or your cool stuff will be gone in 60 seconds.

#5 CataBird

CataBird

Superstar

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:My interests are varied, read my websites, and Yahoo Messenger profile. Aaahhh, finally! My Geocities websites are updated. It appears Yahoo has improved PageBuilder so it loads a LOT faster. What a relief! Anyway, now you can check out my sites! Always begin with http://www.geocities.com/catabird. Ciao, Baby!

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:46 PM

Sorry to hear about the theft of your computer goodies, John.

This type of thing seems to be on the rise in our fair City. Personally, I think it is the high school kids doing it.

Here are other types of things I'm seeing locally. I have seen our neighbor's teenage kids vandalizing other people's property. They have broken several of our sprinkler heads, and often pull pranks like door-bell ditching. Plus, many times Livermore Park has been vandalized. The teens old enough to drive are using Riley Street for drag racing from 12:30 am to about 3:00 a.m.

What I want to know is, WHERE are our "finest" when this stuff is going on? If Folsom can afford to have a Crime Analyst, how come he/she is not helping the cops catch these criminals? This person seems to only be reporting the blotter entries to the Telegraph and nothing more.

What do you all think?

--CataBird soapbox.gif
--CataBird

The Believing Blog is back! Wanna See? My Blog

There's even MORE available! Check out Enduring Christian Dogma on Blogger.com!

"He whose walk is upright fears the Lord, but he whose ways are devious despises Him." --Proverbs 14:2

#6 folsomBlondie

folsomBlondie

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 06:52 AM

Is it coincident that your neighborhood is so close to the high school and having petty thefts going on? I don't want to to put the blame on the kids but the picture looks like it smile.gif

All of this reminds me not to move to any areas close to schools. I am thinking about moving to the Empire Ranch close to the future high school. Now I definitely don't want to do that.......

Well, at least it's only petty stuffs, heck, when I used to live in South Sac we got plenty of this happened......

#7 bigsheldy

bigsheldy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 02:42 PM

How can you blame all of this on teenagers? Do you have any proof of this? Of course you don't, but you sure can point fingers real well. Who's to say it isn't you doing it? I have yet to come to school and have somebody tell me: "Hey dude what's up I just stole a car OH MY GOD AND THEN I STOLE A CHECK FROM SOME LADY BUT ITS NOT TO ME SO I JUST RIPPED IT UP HAAHAHA." Get a life, stop speculating, and realize that all cities have theft problems, and plenty of them have nothing to do with teenagers.
user posted image

#8 zach5

zach5

Superstar

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:17 PM

..... but many do.
Come Support Me This Year For Relay For Life!
http://www.acsevents.../ca/folsom/zach

#9 FolsomJr23

FolsomJr23

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:59 PM

yea, i agree, my car was sitting locked in the SCHOOL parking lot, its not one of those high performance cars that are most likely to get broken in to but it did. Some one stole my sunglasses that i paid for, they cost a pretty penny and i was definetly ticked. When i reported this theft to the campus police, they didnt even right my report down. They just told me to look around...OK...a lot of good that did. About two weeks latter, someone broke into my car which was sitting in my driveway, we only have a 2 car garage otherwise it would be in there but they broke into a locked car sitting in a fairly long driveway. They stole my homecoming pics and they messed around with my car leaving it in a mess. i found they picture latter, threw around my street, but this is just disgusting. then about latter my neigbors (not my next door but around the corner or so), their car window was broken and i believe they said something was stolen out of it too....so we can definitly see that at least some of the theft is being done by high schoolers and it makes no sense because Folsom is not lower class community. Could it be the thrill of taking something that is not yours?

#10 zach5

zach5

Superstar

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:27 PM

and thy broken in to steal pictures? something that has little money value but more emotional value to you.

#11 FolsomJr23

FolsomJr23

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:48 PM

i think they just did it for the thrill of it because i found most of the pictures in the next few days.

#12 zach5

zach5

Superstar

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 04:32 PM

It just seems so pointless? arent people smarter than this?

#13 FolsomJr23

FolsomJr23

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 04:59 PM

good question, but look around Folsom High and your answer is there - No.

#14 folsomBlondie

folsomBlondie

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (bigsheldy @ Mar 31 2004, 02:42 PM)
How can you blame all of this on teenagers? Do you have any proof of this? Of course you don't, but you sure can point fingers real well. Who's to say it isn't you doing it? I have yet to come to school and have somebody tell me: "Hey dude what's up I just stole a car OH MY GOD AND THEN I STOLE A CHECK FROM SOME LADY BUT ITS NOT TO ME SO I JUST RIPPED IT UP HAAHAHA." Get a life, stop speculating, and realize that all cities have theft problems, and plenty of them have nothing to do with teenagers.

Dude!!!! Nothing wronged with a little speculation here.

Let's assume you live by a huge housing project and get robbed all the time, and you are going to say someone out of town is doing it? I am not saying housing project is bad but you have to do some guesswork and be cautious.

Is it coincident that many petty thefs happened around high schools and apartments while areas without them not?

#15 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 02:56 PM

In my experience, it's often the damage to the vehicle that is more expensive to deal with than replacing what was stolen. This being the case, I've made it my practice to never leave anything of value in my car and I almost always leave my car unlocked. This way, my $300 window doesn't get broken just so somebody can a $50 pair of sunglasses. I drove a soft top Jeep for several years and never had any problems with theft out of it, even with the top down. My feeling is that this is because there was never anything of value left in the car. I've taken to doing this with my other cars nad have had no problems as a result. Of course, parking the car in a locked garage is your best protection, but that's not always possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users