45 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

I'm so glad nothing was really accomplished at the Copenhagan summit. I guess I owe thanks to China and those other small countries. Not that I agree with what they want, but because they couldn't get what they wanted, it caused the end result to be more or less NADA.
I would rather be Backpacking

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

Me too...the term circle jerk come to mind...

For an interesting perspective, read this Hockey stick, what hockey stick?

I wonder how many carbon credits (biggest scam ever...) were needed for all the private/airforce jets and limos for the conference...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:All things related to nothing.

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:18 AM

Politicians won, scientists lost. A sad day indeed.

However, I guess since global warming is a hoax and humans have no impact on their environment, I'll just dump my motor oil in Folsom Lake.

It's not like actions have consequences, right?
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

#4 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (uberman @ Jan 17 2010, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

However, I guess since global warming is a hoax and humans have no impact on their environment, I'll just dump my motor oil in Folsom Lake.

I would say Global Warming politicians lost.

#5 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

Borderline bait, but I'll bite and reiterate yet again my response to your typical "over the top" scenario. Man made global warming is questionable at best. And yes man has an impact, although the significance of that impact certainly deserves scrutiny (and can be debated forever). That is the only difference between our views...the extent of man's contribution.

Climategate part 2?

Of course, the money machine to promote AGW keeps rolling in...even while under investigation for fraud
Same guy from Climategate 1 gets stimulus money

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#6 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

First of all... learn to use the forums quoting feature. it makes responding to you much easier..

QUOTE (JBailey @ Jan 17 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Borderline bait, but I'll bite and reiterate yet again my response to your typical "over the top" scenario.

This entire thread was bait, and i bit too so I guess we're both guilty of feeding trolls. But go on...

Man made global warming is questionable at best. And yes man has an impact, although the significance of that impact certainly deserves scrutiny (and can be debated forever). That is the only difference between our views...the extent of man's contribution.

Done, and done. The impact of man's contribution to global warming has been studied numerous times by a plethora of institutions and by a number of various scientists, ranging from biologists to mathematicians. They all came to the same conclusion. Yes, they do argue as to the extent of man's contributions from their various fields, however, the baseline of their argument is simple, man plays a huge role in GW, the differences they have are minute and confined within the impact of man upon their various fields.

Don't for a second think we differ slightly.

Of course, the money machine to promote AGW keeps rolling in...even while under investigation for fraud
Same guy from Climategate 1 gets stimulus money

Google "Exxon Mobil" and "global warming." and see what you come up with. Both sides are guilty, fortunately for us, we have science and logic and rationality on our side. Not the "heritage" foundation.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

#7 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (uberman @ Jan 18 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This entire thread was bait, and i bit too so I guess we're both guilty of feeding trolls. But go on...

I didn't start this to bait anyone. I presented my sincere opinion. The last thing I wanted was for the UN and Obama to come to an agreement as to how much money the USA would fund this BS and what rights and Liberties we would turn over to the UN.

You may not, but I fear the day will come when the USA abandons our own sovereignty to a one world government. I just hope it isn't within my son's lifetime, but I expect the day will come and freedom will no longer exist on this planet. I used to be in denial that the world would devolve that much, but as I grow older and the trend continues, I now believe that mankind will indeed destroy all that can be good. Governments will eventually mother us to death.

#8 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Jan 18 2010, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't start this to bait anyone. I presented my sincere opinion. The last thing I wanted was for the UN and Obama to come to an agreement as to how much money the USA would fund this BS and what rights and Liberties we would turn over to the UN.

You may not, but I fear the day will come when the USA abandons our own sovereignty to a one world government. I just hope it isn't within my son's lifetime, but I expect the day will come and freedom will no longer exist on this planet. I used to be in denial that the world would devolve that much, but as I grow older and the trend continues, I now believe that mankind will indeed destroy all that can be good. Governments will eventually mother us to death.

So glad to hear you are seeing the light! I've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist for some time, and now that the truth has been seen because of recent events, I hope I can dump the title. Not that you were the one who accused me... smile.gif

I have the same concern for my kids and hope they never have to live in a One World Government.....but then, there are the grand kids to still be concerned with.

I do think we need to be kind to the planet but doubt giving money to developing countries will help in that effort. I like to think the power of our wallets can do more to help tame those companies that pollute and if consumers can just take the time to find how what companies are guilty and stop buying their products, plus sending them a letter of their intent, it could go a long way.

Anybody have a link with a list to polluting companies?

#9 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

"First of all... learn to use the forums quoting feature. it makes responding to you much easier.."

LOL I know how to use the quoting feature...I choose to be different.

"The impact of man's contribution to global warming has been studied numerous times by a plethora of institutions and by a number of various scientists, ranging from biologists to mathematicians. They all came to the same conclusion. "

Not true. And, the foundation of many studies is based on the "hockey stick" done by Mann, et al. You know, the guy(s) exposed in the original climategate for manipulating data... bad data in, bad data out...

Check out the "hockey stick" put in perspective by longer time scale graphs Here

Pretty good read.

#10 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (JBailey @ Jan 18 2010, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"First of all... learn to use the forums quoting feature. it makes responding to you much easier.."

LOL I know how to use the quoting feature...I choose to be different.

[Sarcasm mode on]

JBailey, how dare ye not conform to the way this forum software was designed!

You should go read a book, like the software owner's manual, so you can conform to the software's features.

Individual thinking should not be allowed,
only Obama, Al Gore, and Uberdude know what is good for you.

[Sarcasm mode off]

I crack myself up sometimes. laugh.gif

#11 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (JBailey @ Jan 18 2010, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me get this straight, you copy my text, paste it into a reply box, wrap it it [i] tags, then respond? Rather than just hit the reply button? That's not "different," it's stupid.

When you don't use the reply feature (like you should,) I can't tell when someone (you,) have quoted me and responded to something I said.

#12 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Jan 19 2010, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Individual thinking should not be allowed,

Is that what we're calling it now? Individual thinking? I'm going to try it out for myself.

~~~~Oh mY GaWd GUyz Lo0k At m3!!~~~ All UnIQu3 aNd sTuFf TaLkiNG iN My 0wN StYl3. I'M s0 Un1Qu3!~~~~

Give me a break. I don't want this to escalate further so moderators, this is the last I'll be commenting on this matter.

#13 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (uberman @ Jan 19 2010, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me get this straight, you copy my text, paste it into a reply box, wrap it it [i] tags, then respond? Rather than just hit the reply button? That's not "different," it's stupid.

When you don't use the reply feature (like you should,) I can't tell when someone (you,) have quoted me and responded to something I said.

Keep on topic forum boy...

#14 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

Wouldn't doing that be just pollution and not climate change? I mean, motor oil is not meant to be put into a lake. It's meant to be put into a vehicle and disposed of properly.

Can a person be against pollution and not buy into the climate change theory, or am I just fooling myself?

#15 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:08 PM

you see now we disagree...

we don't believe in man made global warming.. that's a hoax... but you're talking "pollution"... that's a big diff...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users