22 replies to this topic

#1 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

I found this hilarious...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1114 ... she had no qualms on raising the ante when she could somehow hit Obama, but, when Rush did the same thing...tap dancing began...

In my opinion, this is one of the gray areas...how far can you stretch the being PC business...at the same time, society keeps evolving and things that we shrugged off in the past can now be a huge deal...

If memory serves me right, it was Obama who first got into trouble over disabled folks and now his COS....at the same time, there has been a dramatic rise in autism cases...so, may be we are at a point where the impacted kids need some help or protection...

#2 the_professor

the_professor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Folsom Guy @ Feb 5 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found this hilarious...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1114 ... she had no qualms on raising the ante when she could somehow hit Obama, but, when Rush did the same thing...tap dancing began...

In my opinion, this is one of the gray areas...how far can you stretch the being PC business...at the same time, society keeps evolving and things that we shrugged off in the past can now be a huge deal...

If memory serves me right, it was Obama who first got into trouble over disabled folks and now his COS....at the same time, there has been a dramatic rise in autism cases...so, may be we are at a point where the impacted kids need some help or protection...

She seems to have selective outrage with Glenn Beck as well.

#3 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Folsom Guy @ Feb 5 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, you think to demean mentally disabled people by using the word "retard" should be acceptable?

I don't get what you are saying here....I believe Sarah to be true to her beliefs and not afraid to scold anyone who speaks in a way that belittles anyone who is unfortunate enough to be mentally disabled.

I know the word Rush used and many people use has been a standard when insults are throw around, but really, should it be used as such?

#4 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:All things related to nothing.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (MaxineR @ Feb 5 2010, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, you think to demean mentally disabled people by using the word "retard" should be acceptable?

You need to read the link. I'll save you some time though. Read this, slowly, and you'll understand this post.

Palin's non-rebuke rebuke of Limbaugh comes after she called on President Obama, earlier in the week, to fire his chief of staff after using the word.

“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

#5 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (uberman @ Feb 5 2010, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You need to read the link. I'll save you some time though. Read this, slowly, and you'll understand this post.

Much ado about nothing....we have so many other big fish to fry.

#6 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (MaxineR @ Feb 6 2010, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't you noticed that the libs just don't have the passion because they know they are empty of ideas and don't have the vision to know that we are in deep doo doo because of this dude in the white house...

Obama can't even pronoune Corpsmen correctly...

He's like Palin said... a Law Professor... not a leader...

#7 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (EDF @ Feb 6 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't you noticed that the libs just don't have the passion because they know they are empty of ideas and don't have the vision to know that we are in deep doo doo because of this dude in the white house...

I agree, but the quote I heard was "We need a Commander in Chief, not a Law Professor"

I would rather be Backpacking

#8 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Feb 7 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, but the quote I heard was "We need a Commander in Chief, not a Law Professor"

We sure did need that but we didn't get one

#9 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:All things related to nothing.

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (MaxineR @ Feb 6 2010, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then why are you responding?
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

#10 FolsomVW

FolsomVW

Veteran

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (EDF @ Feb 6 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Feb 7 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Says the sportscaster!!! laugh.gif

I think we had a "Commander in Chief" previously, if I'm not mistaken. What's with all of the bashing going on here. It seems that people are still using the heated rhetorical language of the campaign season. I found it very interesting that in recent polling, a plurality of Republicans agreed with a statement asking if President Obama should be impeached. Add in those who claimed to be "unsure" about this question, and suddenly a majority of Republicans didn't say that he should NOT be impeached. For What, I have to ask?

Now, I'm not sure if all the attacking language here is from Republicans, but I have to ask, what warrants all the anger against the President? It certainly can't be because he's proposing plans on energy and health care that Republicans once proposed in previous administrations, be cause that wouldn't make sense. I would really like to know.

#11 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (FolsomVW @ Feb 8 2010, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Says the sportscaster!!! laugh.gif

I think we had a "Commander in Chief" previously, if I'm not mistaken. What's with all of the bashing going on here. It seems that people are still using the heated rhetorical language of the campaign season. I found it very interesting that in recent polling, a plurality of Republicans agreed with a statement asking if President Obama should be impeached. Add in those who claimed to be "unsure" about this question, and suddenly a majority of Republicans didn't say that he should NOT be impeached. For What, I have to ask?

Now, I'm not sure if all the attacking language here is from Republicans, but I have to ask, what warrants all the anger against the President? It certainly can't be because he's proposing plans on energy and health care that Republicans once proposed in previous administrations, be cause that wouldn't make sense. I would really like to know.

Here you go.....your answer is here...

"... it is bad economics and suicidal politics not to aggressively address the job crisis at a time of double-digit unemployment.

"Too many people in Washington seem to think that now that we have bailed out the banks, everything will be okay."

"A generation ago, our nation's policymakers embarked on a campaign of radical deregulation and corporate empowerment - one that celebrated private greed over public service."

"These policies culminated in the worst economic decade in living memory--we suffered a net loss of jobs, the housing market collapsed, real wages fell and more children fell into poverty..."

It's said very well right here by your own liberal friends....

http://usliberals.ab...onomic-woes.htm

#12 FolsomVW

FolsomVW

Veteran

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (MaxineR @ Feb 8 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here you go.....your answer is here...

"... it is bad economics and suicidal politics not to aggressively address the job crisis at a time of double-digit unemployment.

"Too many people in Washington seem to think that now that we have bailed out the banks, everything will be okay."

"A generation ago, our nation's policymakers embarked on a campaign of radical deregulation and corporate empowerment - one that celebrated private greed over public service."

"These policies culminated in the worst economic decade in living memory--we suffered a net loss of jobs, the housing market collapsed, real wages fell and more children fell into poverty..."

It's said very well right here by your own liberal friends....

http://usliberals.ab...onomic-woes.htm

Are you responding to my post?

#13 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (FolsomVW @ Feb 8 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you responding to my post?

Yep! Is there a problem with that? smile.gif

#14 FolsomVW

FolsomVW

Veteran

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (MaxineR @ Feb 8 2010, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep! Is there a problem with that? smile.gif

No. Are you sure it's in response to what I said, because otherwise I don't get your point. I agree with those quotes, but again, I don't get what you're meaning is here. They don't seem particularly liberal, by the way, just common sense. I'll check your link out to see what's there.

OK, I checked out your link, but the source of your quotes is calling for more forceful rhetoric from the President. This doesn't seem to touch on the reason why anyone would think the President is deserving of impeachment! Please explain?

#15 the_professor

the_professor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:03 PM

What do you call a teleprompter in Alaska? Your hand!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users