• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

Romney Assaulted on Flight Leaving Olympics

A passenger became "physically violent" when the former Massachusetts governor asked him to move his seat upright for take-off.

Feb. 14: Mitt Romney and his wife Ann attend the short program figure skating pairs competition at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics.

Mitt Romney, the former Republican governor of Massachusetts, was physically assaulted Monday by a fellow passenger on a flight from Vancouver, Canada, to Los Angeles.

Romney, a 2008 presidential candidate, asked a passenger who was seated and reclining in front of his wife, Ann, to move his seat upright during take off.

"The passenger became physically violent. Governor Romney did not retaliate, but instead let the airline crew respond to the incident." Said Romney Spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom.

Romney was not injured, but those familiar with the incident tell Fox News, "there was physical contact with Governor Romney." Ann Romney was not touched in the incident.

The plane returned to the gate and the passenger was arrested by the police.

The Romneys have been in Vancouver since Friday for the Olympic Games.

Mitt Romney was the former president and CEO of the 2002 Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the Romneys were guests of honor at these games.

There is speculation that Romney, who ran unsuccessfully for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, is preparing for another bid in 2012.

http://www.foxnews.c...ight-vancouver/
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 mattyx

mattyx

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:36 AM

why oh why can't people follow the rules??

oh I know why...because rules are for other people.....

#3 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (camay2327 @ Feb 15 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Romney Assaulted on Flight Leaving Olympics

A passenger became "physically violent" when the former Massachusetts governor asked him to move his seat upright for take-off.

Feb. 14: Mitt Romney and his wife Ann attend the short program figure skating pairs competition at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics.

Mitt Romney, the former Republican governor of Massachusetts, was physically assaulted Monday by a fellow passenger on a flight from Vancouver, Canada, to Los Angeles.

Romney, a 2008 presidential candidate, asked a passenger who was seated and reclining in front of his wife, Ann, to move his seat upright during take off.

"The passenger became physically violent. Governor Romney did not retaliate, but instead let the airline crew respond to the incident." Said Romney Spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom.

Romney was not injured, but those familiar with the incident tell Fox News, "there was physical contact with Governor Romney." Ann Romney was not touched in the incident.

The plane returned to the gate and the passenger was arrested by the police.

The Romneys have been in Vancouver since Friday for the Olympic Games.

Mitt Romney was the former president and CEO of the 2002 Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the Romneys were guests of honor at these games.

There is speculation that Romney, who ran unsuccessfully for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, is preparing for another bid in 2012.

http://www.foxnews.c...ight-vancouver/

Great job by the Canadian Mounties.
I would rather be Backpacking

#4 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:All things related to nothing.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (camay2327 @ Feb 15 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder how late the plane ended up being, that's gotta suck for everyone on that flight, having to deal with all that and then having to deal with whatever issues arose when they got to their destinations that much later.

Romney probably didn't retaliate because he forgot his magic underwear, rendering him vulnerable to physical harm. Smart man.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

#5 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

Who paid for Romney's family trip to the Olympics? I hope it wasn't you and me

#6 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Feb 17 2010, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who paid for Romney's family trip to the Olympics? I hope it wasn't you and me

I hear the guy is a millionaire several times over - so, I'd probably not worry about it...though would be really ticked if taxpayers have to eat his travel costs

#7 the_professor

the_professor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:40 AM

Was he wearing his "Magic Underwear"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users