The "know Your Limit" Program Is Coming To Folsom

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:10 AM

I received this from the Folsom Police Department and am passing it on.

Community: The "Know Your Limit" Program is coming to Folsom

For most, it’s common knowledge that the legal blood alcohol (BAC) limit for operating a motor vehicle in the state of California is less than .08 percent. However, many people might not realize how much alcohol, or more importantly, how little alcohol it takes to get to a BAC of .08 percent or more.

This is why the Folsom Police Department has launched the Know Your Limit program. FPD officers go on foot into Folsom’s various entertainment districts where they contact club and bar goers outside the businesses. Volunteers are asked what they believe their BAC is currently, and if they feel they’d be safe
to drive a car. They then blow into a breathalyzer in front of their friends.

“It’s surprising for most how high their BAC is,“ says Lieutenant Mark Schanrock
of the Folsom Police Department. Volunteer participants, even those with BAC’s in excess of .08, aren’t arrested for being drunk in public. Instead, they’re given a sticker and an educational card. The card provides information on alcohol consumption and burn-off times, legal driving limits, and common penalties for first time DUI drivers. First-time DUI drivers in California can expect up to 6 months imprisonment or 3-years probation, legal costs up to $10,000, a driver’s license suspension for up six months, and having their vehicle impounded.

The program isn't intended as a scare tactic. Instead, it’s designed to be provide an educational opportunity within the Folsom Community to encourage groups to designate a sober driver and make good choices. FPD is also working with the business owners to make sure the program is a positive influence on their patrons and does not negatively impact their business

Contact Information:
Andrew Bates
Media Relations Unit
916-496-1458
abates@folsom.ca.us

For full details, view this message on the web.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:40 AM

Sac PD has been using this program. Glad it's being implemented here.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:40 AM

What a great idea!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users