6 replies to this topic

#1 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 12:44 PM

Did anyone see NBC's Fear Factor last night? One of the "stunts" was each remaining contestant had to have their skin pierced by 10 needles that got gradually larger. It was almost like watching people get tortured. Crazy stunts and cows nuts are one thing, but people getting jabbed by needles, seems a like a line was crossed......

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 03:15 PM

I think they crossed the line. We wouldn't do that to prisoners of war.

The cheese and maggots were gross too.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 05 March 2003 - 01:39 PM

And yet...you both watched! (As did I!) It's called ratings folks. Chances are even more people will tune in next week to see how far they will go!
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#4 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:17 AM

Last night they had people eating cow, sheep and fish eyeballs!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

That was sooooooo disgusting. Fortunately dinner was done and over with before my hubby put that on.

I think the networks have become addicted to these reality shows. There's nothing good on t.v. anymore. PBS is all that's left. Sigh! sad.gif
"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#5 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:41 AM

I watch PBS 90% of my TV viewing time.

#6 Folsomite

Folsomite

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 12:14 AM

that show is trash. tp.gif
The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.

Ben Stein

#7 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 11:13 AM

One good thing about TV is, if you don't like it, TURN IT OFF!!!!
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users