1 reply to this topic

#1 sade1067

sade1067

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

Lupita's on Greenback is one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Although we live in Folsom we're always happy to cross the bridge to frequent this great little place. It is not anything fancy inside, but the food is always fresh and outstanding. We are always so pleased with the prices there as well. We've gone to some of the other places around the area and are never as satisfied with the food quality or prices. It is also nice to have the personal service that comes along with a smaller atmosphere.

I get the beef taco's and they are always juicy and filling. The beans and rice are also very flavorful. My husband is a fan of the Taco Salad. The meals are very filling without going overboard.

Lupita's is one of those non-chain restaurants that you just want to see make it. Great food and great staff. Highly recommended.

#2 10AceBall

10AceBall

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

This hidden treasure is our family favorite for Mexican food. We live in Folsom and have no problem driving past all the in-town Mexican places to get to this one. If you want fancy decor or a bar with a margaritas galore, this is not the place for you. If you want delicious Mexican food, then you're in luck. This place is as "authentic" Mexican as I've found in the Folsom/Orangevale area. The portions are very generous and will satisfy most appetites. The chips are very basic but the salsa is excellent. It seems like the heat has been turned down on the salsa lately but it is still good.

The service is very pleasant but can be slow at times if it gets busy. The servers are doing their best so I look at the extra wait as an opportunity to have more chips and another Corona! Lupita's daughter is usually there and more often than not, we have her as our waitress. She is very honest about the food and will give you great suggestions. My 6 year-old usually has a bean burrito with a helping of rice. My 10 year-old has settled into the Chimichanga with Carnita meat. It's HUGE so he takes half of it home. My wife has the cheese enchilada with a Carnita taco. More often than not, I have them "Surprise Me!" I let them choose what I'm having for dinner....and I haven't been disappointed yet. I've had most of the items on the menu (and a few that aren't on the menu!). My personal favorites are the Chile Relleno, Chimichanga with Carnita meat and Taco's with shredded beef.

I tell my wife that going to Lupita's is like going to a friend's house for dinner. It's not fancy but the food is simply delicious. The place is ussually not crowded when we go. More people need to give this place a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users