Photo

Anybody Following The Saudi Wapo Reporter Killed In Turkey...?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:08 AM

Question for Vin.  What would you do?

Thanks for a genuine dialogue, Joe.

Of course that's way above my pay grade.

I know there are experts in the State Department, the CIA, and the Military who could provide a
thoughtful and effective response.

I DO know what I WOULD NOT do, and that is  . . .

• I would NOT take the lame Saudi excuse at face value and tell the world "I believe you." (Like he did with Putin.)
  • I would NOT use back channels to spread the rumor that Khashoggi was a terrorist anyway (and therefore DESERVED to die.)
  • I would NOT go on the campaign trail and mock the reporter who was a victim of violence at the hands of Gianforte.
  • I would NOT ignore the Daily Intelligence Briefings that would actually shed light on the situation.
  • I would NOT openly declare that I'm in it for the money (military purchases) which Trump did, ignoring the murder altogether.

That's just low class.   :loco:    :summerteeth:     :newyear:

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#17 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:32 AM

Anybody can be a backseat quarterback and say what they wouldn't do or don't like. I am asking, given the no win scenarios dictated by the geopolitics of the region, what is your solution?  If it is above your pay grade, then stop complaining and let those who are paid to do the job do their job.  Easy to complain from the cheap seats.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#18 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:20 PM

You're "Fishing" Joe, but I will give in.    :gonefishin:

I would use the CIA to send a message to the other royal family members to dispose of MBS (or else!)

and install a more moderate leader.
The US has 'clout' and this is a time when world opinion is on the side of some kind of strong reaction.

:USA:

OK, let it out.        

I know you have a prepared rebuttal to anything I come up with.    :type:

#19 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:19 AM

i think that would have been the "best" solution.  ?I dont think Trumps was too far off the mark, however, it was handled ineptly (as usual).

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#20 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:22 AM

Anybody ever hear of this guy...?   Seems they are related....     Uncle,  Adnan Khashoggi

https://en.wikipedia...Adnan_Khashoggi

https://www.npr.org/...di-royal-family

1A - 2A = -1A

#21 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:39 AM

Probably the most obscene criminal act of this year is the torture and killing of reporter Khashoggi

by a Saudi prince.

The world now has audio tapes of that atrocity.

In typical Trump form, the administration again tries to brush it all under the rug

with "1984"-style Double-Speak cover-up.

Here is John Bolton trying to sway the gullible with another "nothing to see here" fiasco.

Oh, Boy! What low class! And what HUTZPAH!

Khashoggi Tape Doesn’t Implicate Saudi Prince, Says John Bolton

https://www.wsj.com/...lton-1542113090

White House national security adviser John Bolton said an audio recording that Turkish officials say links Saudi Arabian operatives to the murder of Jamal Khashoggi didn’t appear to implicate the Saudi crown prince.

Mr. Bolton said he hadn’t personally heard the audio recording provided by Turkey but that U.S. officials believe it doesn’t appear to connect the crown prince to the murder.

Ya have to wonder how amazingly gullible, or willfully ignorant, the Trump Cult followers really are!  :CRAZYLOCO:

#22 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:09 PM

The CIA concludes that the Saudi Prince killed reporter Khashoggi.

They have a recorded phone call ordering the hit.

Trump denies his own CIA findings.                 :loco:           :KOOLAID:             :SPAM: 

Guess he values the almighty dollar more than ethics.

And he thinks intelligent Americans will fall for his "Double-Speak" lies.

Ya can't make this stuff up, folks!          :banjo:

CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi's death, official says

:USA:        :wave2:            :usaflag:

#23 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:38 PM

Yawn. Who cares. Oh, and citing CNN is a sign of ignorance.

#24 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:46 AM

Yeah, and the state dept is singing a different tune.  It is all for the reasons I explained previously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users