34 replies to this topic

#1 intelkid

intelkid

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 11:07 PM

How do you guys think Bush is doing with the war on Iraq? It appears to me that the media is doing a good job of making it look like there really is no valid reason to go to war. Weapons inspections are coming up inconclusive, and national news sources are seeming to treat this thing like it's becoming Bush's mission, and the only thing we have on him is that Saddam's a major league a-hole.

Does anyone else agree that this is the case? Are we going to war over something as petty as oil? I gotta say, the longer Iraq stalls on this, the worse we look.
I believe you have my stapler...

#2 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 11:44 PM

The Bee, most of the major newspapers and most of the media support the liberals who oppose anything that was not their idea.

If "they" were in the White House, and today was today, they would be all for it. The Bee slants all the news against this administration. They don't care if Irac has major wepons to use against the U. S. because they want to be against any and everything this administration does. It is not their idea to take out Saddam. If "they" were in the White House, they would be all for it!

Who was it that closed nearly all our bases, and slashed the military down to nothing? Who was it who lied to avoid the draft? Who was it who gave & sold nucular secrets to the Chinese? Who was it who made sex in the Oval office the right thing to do? The worst liberal of them all!!!

If that shoe was on George W.'s foot would the liberal newspapers and the rest of the media say it was "his personal life"???

Those liberals are why CA is in the situation it is in now!!! WE will be paying for that until Kingdom Come!!

They know they are wrong but they would rather see this country attacked rather than admit it!!!mad.gif

#3 HiandMighty

HiandMighty

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 10:45 PM

There is absolutely no reasoning that we should be bombing Iraq right now - they are not a threat to us. What Bush should be doing is concentrating on taking out Usama, not picking on Iraq.

It's all just Bush's agenda to get his approval ratings up. He needs to focus on the economy and the terrorists right now, and not trying to fix his dad's mistakes.

#4 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 04:54 AM

Hey Highandmighty....

Where were you when the Clintonista crowd was bombing the crap out of Serbia... Sudan and Afganistan....? Was that for national security...

Could it be that Bill Clinton used the military to distract the nation from IMPEACHMENT... and of course it didn't matter to you that a few thousand innocent people got killed... your ilk are such hypocrites....

#5 jake

jake

Veteran

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 08:59 AM

HiandMighty,

you don't know what you are talking about. Hussein has lonstanding been a threat to the US and will use WMDs when he gets his grubby little hands on them. Us "bullying them" is the UN's way of getting their weapons inspectors in. You may have not known that inspectors have not been able to ckeck things out since 1995, this is when they were not allowed access, and UN planes flying overhead to take photo's were shot at.

If Hussein indeed has weapons, he will pay dearly for it. It's not bullying, it needs to be done. Iraq supports terrorist activity, and thus should be prepared for whatever consequences that may invoke.
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
-Yogi Berra

#6 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 12 December 2002 - 11:40 AM

Food for thought...

My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth. -- George Washington

I know war as few other men now living know it, and nothing to me is more revolting. I have long advocated its complete abolition, as its very destructiveness on both friend and foe has rendered it useless as a method of settling international disputes. -- Douglas MacArthur

Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#7 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 03:55 PM

Yo NRB....

You "libs" love taking things out of context don't you...

George Washington fought and led troops in the Revolution.. I guess if he didn't think war was necessary...maybe we would still be flying the Union Jack...

and for General MacArther... Come on... The reason he hated war was because the Japs were merciless and cruel... They slaughtered millions...

Both of these men have one thing in common.. They led men in battle to defend our freedom...

Is our country and our way of life worth fighting and dying for NRB?

Many people did just that so you could spout off about something you don't even appreciate... FREEDOM.....

#8 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (EDF @ Dec 12 2002, 03:55 PM)
George Washington fought and led troops in the Revolution.. I guess if he didn't think war was necessary...maybe we would still be flying the Union Jack...

and for General MacArther...   Come on... The reason he hated war was because the Japs were merciless and cruel... They slaughtered millions...

Both of these men have one thing in common.. They led men in battle to defend our freedom...

Is our country and our way of life worth fighting and dying for NRB?

Many people did just that so you could spout off about something you don't even appreciate... FREEDOM.....

EDF, would you go to the FRONT LINES if we went to war with Iraq?

As a former U.S. Marine, I know first hand what the "administration" did to the soldiers before, during and after the Gulf War. I also believe they would do it again in a heart beat if we were to go to war in the Middle East / Iraq again.

Let's see, they (U.S. Administration) used us (U.S Soldiers) as guinea pigs and gave us a long line of shots before going to war in the Gulf. Then when we (soldiers) came back from the war, became sick, lost our jobs, lost our health, they DENIED, DENIED, DENIED, DENIED for years that we were exposed to biological weapons and/or subjected to medical testing (shots) that caused our health to deteriorate. It took them approximately 5 - 10 years to finally fess up to the health risks.

If we go to war, I would like to see President George Bush - both Jr. and Sr. on the front lines. First in command, first to take the bullet for FREEDOM - for his country. I would also love to see them get all the same shots the soldiers get - BEFORE the soldiers get them. Reality sets in. It's easy for the president and all the president's men to offer other people's lives first - especially if their lives or the lives of their family are not on the line.

I come from a long line of military family members. None of us, who are still living, are in a hurry to rush into war because we all know what happens there and it is not a pretty sight. Your life is not yours anymore. It now belongs to the Commander in Chief - the President. He moves you and thousands of other soldiers around like he is playing a game of chess.

He will proclaim that your life and the lives of your friends, fathers, brothers, and uncles is worth killing for FREEDOM of the UNITED STATES and its PEOPLE. You know what he is really saying is that when he sends YOU to war - YOU LOSE YOUR FREEDOM. YOU LOSE YOUR LIFE.

My father who just returned from Kosovo after being away for 3 years to help rebuild that country lived every day that he was there in fear that he would be shot, he feared for his future, his family. HE LOST HIS FREEDOM there and he was HELPING that country rebuild their infrastructure.

EDF, how would YOU like to go away for 3 years and be away from your family and live every day with the fear that one day you will come home in a body bag?

It really IRKS me when people like you spout off that WAR is a good thing and that we are going to war for FREEDOM. We are not doing it for FREEDOM! We ARE free! People like my grandfathers died to get that freedom for you. How many more people are you willing to kill for "freedom" you already have?

The fact is, your lives are not on the line; therefore, it is easy for you to spout off the Freedom rhetoric - we have heard it all for centuries.

As for the "Japs" (as you call them) being merciless in war, you are right. They were and so has every country who has gone to war. The Japanese soldiers killed my grandfather during the Death March in the Phillipines. Remember that one? They tortured him and his soldiers first, then they denied them food, and then they made them walk and walk until they dropped dead. My grandfather was strong though. He was able to get away but they shot him first in the leg. He later died of his wounds but he really died of a broken heart because when he returned home, he found his house bombed into pieces. He thought his wife and children had died in the house and he no longer had the will to live. He thought he lost everything. He did. He lost his freedom, he lost his family, he lost his future, he lost his life.

War brings out the worst in people. When I see Pres. Bush on t.v., I see the worst in him coming out more and more. He is using a smoke screen to build a case for war against Iraq. He is not telling you why he really wants to go to war. You always have to question one's motives when they resort to war instead of peace.

EDF, I sincerely doubt you would be in such a hurry to go to war if YOUR LIFE or the lives of your father, brother, uncle, and friends were on the line.
I don't think Pres. Bush would be in such a hurry either if his family members were on the front lines. Don't you think it's more than a coincidence that he owns an oil company and he is in such a hurry to go to war with the middle east - a country we import oil from? Let's all think about that.

"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#9 jake

jake

Veteran

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 10:41 PM

OctoberLily, being a Gulf War veteran, you definitely have in interesting insight to this... though I don't agree with you about the President being on the front lines. I don't care about whether it's Bill Clinton or George Washington, you just don't put the leader of the free world out in the open for people to shoot at. Whether or not you like him as a person, he is still the President of the United States. Anything that puts him in danger puts this entire country in danger. How much worse off do you think the US would be right now if Bush was in the White House on 9/11 and Flight 93 killed the President?

I honestly support Bush and the War on Iraq. There's a reason we don't trust him (hussein). He GASSES HIS OWN PEOPLE, for crying out loud. The man is a dictator. You don't think that if he gets his hands on some chemical agent or nuclear bomb, he would like nothing more than to take it out on us? That man, and every "research facility" in Iraq needs to be blown off the face of the earth.

As for whether or not you believe it's right for yourself and your relatives to go to the front lines on all this, I definitely admire you, and all the servicemen and women of the armed forces. However, going to war is sometimes part of the bargain. Sometimes you even have to babysit some country that doesn't even want you there... the military has not instituted a draft since the Sixties, so I admire you for volunteering, I'm not sure I'd want to risk my life... however you certainly must mave known that going to war and doing some things that you didn't personally believe in was part of the bargain. You're fighting not only for your country, but our entire way of life! Don't you realize how much hatred there is in the Middle East and Muslim countries for America? This whole thing with Iraq is stopping a terrorist attack before it even happens!

Again, I think your opinion is extremely valid... I just don't agree with it.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
-Yogi Berra

#10 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 12 December 2002 - 11:13 PM

Jake,

Don't you think that it is more than a coincidence that both Bush, Sr. and Bush, Jr. want a war in the middle east?

I and everyone I know that is in the military knew that we would one day possibly risk our lives if this country went to war. That is part of being in the military and that is accepted.

Yes, Sadam killed his own people testing biological weapons. In fact, he used biological weapons in the Gulf War and the U.S. knew it. Biological warfare training was given before going to war. We all knew the possibility was there. They (the U.S. Administration) just didn't make it public knowledge because that would affect the support for the Gulf war.

If we go to war with Iraq, what do you think Sadam and the other terrorist cells in the world would do to the U.S.? Do you think he and all the other terrorist in the world will throw their hands up in the air and give up? NO.
They will retaliate.

September 11, 2001, was a warning to us. It was a wake up call. They (the terrorists) are telling us their capabilities and where they are.

They are in this country. Our government let them in. What do you think they will do to us? We already lost thousands of lives last year. They showed us that. We cannot..we should not... bring this war home.

When I mean home = I mean in our front yards. That is where the war will be because that is where the terrorists are. They are here.

Instead of retaliating and proclaiming the "awakening of the big sleeping giant", we need to find alternatives to war because THAT (war) is exactly what they want from us. A reason to destroy this good country. A reason to inflict terror and fear through its citizens.

Instead of going to war with them, we should try to understand their reasoning and find a solution - a peaceful way to understand each other.

To offer help not war. We cannot be the POLICE of the World. We cannot tell other countries how to run their country, who their leaders should and shouldn't be. Instead, we offer our missiles, our weaponry and our weapons of (mass destruction) to help these countries solve their problems.

As for the president being in the front lines, if George Washington can do it, President Bush can do it to and so can all the other presidents. We do have a Vice President (*&$# Cheney) in hiding - don't we?

That is the biggest joke of them all. When the WTC and the Pentagon were being attacked, our President hid. U.S. citizens were being blown to pieces and burned alive and both the President and Vice President were in hiding? Where is the leadership then?

In the meantime, people at the Pentagon (where my brother is at) were being burned alive.

A Commander in Chief of the military needs to act like a Commander - not an ostrich with his head in the sand.

Believe me this country would, could and will survive no matter what.

I agree to disagree. My humble opinion: War is not the answer. Finding Peace is the answer.

"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#11 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 11:18 PM

By the way, I did not type all those strange letters in front of VP Cheney. I typed in his real name and somehow, someone, something changed it to look offensive. blink.gif I didn't do it!

Webmaster: Uhmmm...I think the auto correct back fired on this one and made a sentence sound offensive when I merely typed VP Cheney's first name D..... LOL! ohmy.gif

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#12 jake

jake

Veteran

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 11:26 PM

Ok, wait a minute.

Let's not even begin to compare George Washington to George Bush. It is a completely different world now. Back then, the US was a struggling democracy, and we were learning as we went. Now, the United States is the leader of the free world. He is literally the single most important person in the entire world... he stands for the free world as we know it. A attack on the president is an attack on free will and on democracy.

Bush did not hide on 9/11. Quite the contrary. Even amid one of the most terrifying days of this country's life, he chose to go straight back to the White House that night.

Bush was a target on 9/11. We all know that. Flight 93 was supposed to hit the capitol or the White House. Killing Bush would have been the biggest victory for Al Queda. You're goddam right the secret service is gonna keep them out of sight... Don't you realize what terrorists were trying to do? They were trying to topple our government for crying out loud! They wanted the US to crumble because of their actions!

Bush did an outstanding job at bringing this country together after 9/11. I'll tell you what, I am so proud he is leading this country and not Clinton. Clinton would have been so spineless amid 9/11... I cannot believe you actually think Bush was hiding following 9/11... I also don't understand how you could rationally have the nerve to think that the president should be on the front lines in a war these days!!! We know better now!
-Yogi Berra

#13 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 11:39 PM

I just fixed the word filter... that's kinda funny! laugh.gif
MyFolsom.Com Message Board Tip #3
To view all new threads in the last 24 hours, Click on "Today's Active Topics" from the forum index.

#14 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 11:50 PM

Admin:

I thought it was hilarious! tongue.gif

Jake:

Okey, we agree to disagree. Aside from the war issue, I agree Bush is doing a good job on some issues. I just don't agree that war is the answer for us. As for him (the President) being in the front lines or the battle field per se, maybe it's just a military thing and our way of thinking is that if we are there then our leader should be there with us. I know many military people that think that way too. Think of how many wars could have been averted if the leaders of the countries in war actually took a "real" stand for their country and stood with the soldiers side by side. I don't think we would have had as many wars as we did. I certainly don't believe that many of these leaders were really that brave. The last several decades of Presidents were wealthy business men not soldiers. Anyways, that's my personal opinion. You obviously have a different one. C'est la vie.

As for Clinton, he was an embarassment on occasion, but he did open up the doors for discussions with Israel and the Palestinians. I have to commend him for doing that. It's just too bad they can't learn to live together in peace and share their land. Their lives could be soo much better. I cannot imagine their way of living. It's too difficult for me to comprehend sending your own children to their deaths. I can't fathom that.

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#15 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 13 December 2002 - 12:15 PM

In response to EDF, I do not think my quotes were taken out of context at all.

You "libs" love taking things out of context don't you...

and for General MacArther... Come on... The reason he hated war was because the Japs were merciless and cruel... They slaughtered millions...

Both of these qoutes were made after they (Washington and MacArthur) had seen more than their share of battle. They were nothing short of war heros and yet in the end they both found war revolting and wished for a better way to solve our problems. Those who don't learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them. We've already had the "war to end all wars" so what is this one? The war to end all terrorist attacks? We have had some excellent examples of "freedom fighters" before us. Maybe it is time we heed their words and find another way to solve our differences! And don't worry, I am fully prepared for any backlash this post of mine may receive. Isn't free speech grand! cool.gif
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users