41 replies to this topic

#1 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

The Sacramento Bee has an interesting calculator that you can view average pay for fire and police.

SacBee

#2 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

That shows that the Folsom Police Chief makes more than the Chief of the San Francisco Police Department! Is that possible?

#3 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

That shows that the Folsom Police Chief makes more than the Chief of the San Francisco Police Department! Is that possible?

If you've seen the budget for City of Folsom, yes, that is entirely possible.

#4 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Maybe there is a bonus paid out when certain traffic accidents disappear?

#5 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

After looking some more, this shows that the Folsom Police Chief is making more than Police Chiefs in Palo Alto, Sacramento, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and LOS ANGELES! If that is true, there is something seriously wrong.

#6 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

After looking some more, this shows that the Folsom Police Chief is making more than Police Chiefs in Palo Alto, Sacramento, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and LOS ANGELES! If that is true, there is something seriously wrong.

Isn't the City Manager's pay way above dozens of other cities as well? I thought this was discussed (several times?)before so this really shouldn't be a surprise.

#7 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

WTF??? How does our city council explain the justification for paying more for a Police chief here to manage 65,000 then L.A. pays their chief to manage millions - are we that stupid?

#8 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

WTF??? How does our city council explain the justification for paying more for a Police chief here to manage 65,000 then L.A. pays their chief to manage millions - are we that stupid?

No we're RICH!!!!!!

#9 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

No we're RICH!!!!!!

Ohhhhhh so that's it, well shoot we should get a Rolls Royce for the chief to ride around in, that'd look cool with some sirens on top of it. Damn I feel like I my class status just got elevated because my town is paying mega bucks for our chief...

...naw, we're just really stupid

#10 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

you folks are discounting the serious crime problems facing folsom. sliding through stop signs, right turns on folsom blve, the pressure on motor cops to catch folks on cell phones or with no seat belt on and finally the picking off the dui folks on their way out of town after a weekend evening at our sutter street honkey tonks.

#11 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Here is an explanation from the past from one of our City Council members regarding the City Managers pay;

"To correct some of the inaccurate information, she is not now, nor was she when she was hired, the highest paid Manager in the region. Please also keep in mind that the City of Folsom has always been completely forthcoming about Martha's total compensation package - that can not be said for all of the other jurisdictions in the region."

This was in response to the published reports by the Sac Bee, listing the Folosm CM as the highest paid.

As long as there are enough people to keep looking the other way and keep voting for the council members who are blantly misleading us, why should our council explain anything to us? I don't blame them one bit, why be honest when you can offer BS and get away with it!

#12 the_professor

the_professor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Maybe there is a bonus paid out when certain traffic accidents disappear?

You have mentioned this phantom accident before yet offer no proof.

#13 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

Another hack article from one of the lowest paying employers in the region.

#14 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

You have mentioned this phantom accident before yet offer no proof.

Why hasn't someone denied this ever happening? I know if someone was talking about me regarding an auto accident, I'd simply confirm or deny it happening.

Its been confirmed through MULTIPLE sources ( PD, Firefighters and neighbors) and numerous people have talked about it on here.

You can continue to stick your head in the sand and participate in the cover up if you choose.....that doesn't change the facts about what happened!

Instead of asking me for proof, why not ask the person who was involved if there was one? What are YOU afraid of?

#15 the_professor

the_professor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Why hasn't someone denied this ever happening? I know if someone was talking about me regarding an auto accident, I'd simply confirm or deny it happening.

Its been confirmed through MULTIPLE sources ( PD, Firefighters and neighbors) and numerous people have talked about it on here.

You can continue to stick your head in the sand and participate in the cover up if you choose.....that doesn't change the facts about what happened!

Instead of asking me for proof, why not ask the person who was involved if there was one? What are YOU afraid of?

OK, who is the person involved?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users