7 replies to this topic

#1 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

This isn't exactly folsom, but its within our eating distance. We had lunch yesterday at Vaiano in the old Granito's location out on Douglas Blvd. Very authentic Italian/Tuscan. We had two salads to start (mixed greens with lemon vinagrette and caesar). both excellent and very reasonably priced. the small caesar was plentiful and was $3.50. both with very balanced flavorful dressings. for the entrees, we had the penne with house-made sausage and arugula and the pizza quattro stagione and shared. again, both were very flavorful, not oily, well balanced. probably my favorite pizza in the area. the closest I have had locally to what I can get at Piccino in San Francisco. nice sliced baquette served with an oil balsamic blend with a slight garlic touch. the owners are from Vaiano in Tuscany and the food is really authentic. they may need to catch on to American diners expectations though in that one of us (not me) wanted to get the veal piccata as an entree and found it only came with the meat and the sauce, no carb or veg. that's the traditional way in italy for a secondi, but here people expect a more balanced plate for lunch. anyway, the food is great, we both had left-overs and we're excited they are here!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#2 folsomstrings

folsomstrings

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:50 AM

I didn't realize that Granitos closed both locations. I thought it was only Folsom. That is too bad. The GB location was there for so long.

#3 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:51 AM

I didn't realize that Granitos closed both locations. I thought it was only Folsom. That is too bad. The GB location was there for so long.

The GB Granito's moved to Roseville quite a while ago.

#4 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

here is their website with a menu...

http://vaianotrattoria.com/

#5 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

We had lunch yesterday at Vaiano in the old Granito's location out on Douglas Blvd.

I think I may have driven past this last week. What is the cross street? Which corner? Thx

#6 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

I think I may have driven past this last week. What is the cross street? Which corner? Thx

Folsom-Auburn @ Douglas. 7160 Douglas Blvd. Granite Bay, CA 95746 916-780-0888 to be specific.

#7 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

Folsom-Auburn @ Douglas. 7160 Douglas Blvd. Granite Bay, CA 95746 916-780-0888 to be specific.

Yes, its tucked up back by a barber shop on Douglas Blvd. on the road into Folsom Lake. It's way back off the street (that was one huge parking lot! for that little strip mall). great pizza!!

#8 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

Yes, its tucked up back by a barber shop on Douglas Blvd. on the road into Folsom Lake. It's way back off the street (that was one huge parking lot! for that little strip mall). great pizza!!

Thank you! I'll check it out next time I'm out that way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users