58 replies to this topic

#46 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (4thgenFolsomite @ Apr 9 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the Sandra Kantu story, the reporter was almost excited about being there, videotaping the drive between her house and where body was found, interviewing people with no connection to her about her death. It was voyeuristic (sp), rather than reporting.

He's the same guy (don't know his name -- I've never been impressed enough to pay attention to it!) who reenacts crimes, running down the street, hopping fences, etc. And the cameraman that films him does the bumpy, home-video-looking shooting; I get so dizzy watching it that I have to change the channel. Honestly, is all of this necessary to "entertain" us? I don't want to be entertained; I just want the news! Good old fashioned news reporting.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#47 Mike Hilscher

Mike Hilscher

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Interests:TV production, graphic design, motion graphics

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (4thgenFolsomite @ Apr 9 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the Fox 40 News has gotten much more professional in the past three years. Five years ago, it had a hip-hop feel to it, like they were shooting for a younger demographic. It was pretty bad. Now its one of the best. Of course, I only catch the 10 pm news, but they do a great job, from local to national right down to the weather. Much improved, very professional. Love Donna Cordova and Jaime Garza, both great.

biggrin.gif

Jamie and Donna are pro's!

#48 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (4thgenFolsomite @ Apr 9 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the Fox 40 News has gotten much more professional in the past three years. Five years ago, it had a hip-hop feel to it, like they were shooting for a younger demographic. It was pretty bad. Now its one of the best. Of course, I only catch the 10 pm news, but they do a great job, from local to national right down to the weather. Much improved, very professional. Love Donna Cordova and Jaime Garza, both great.

don't forget Jim Crandell... I wish they'd have more sports stories on his segments... but it seems to me his segments are shorter and shorter.. maybe now that baseball season is on we'll get some from him.....

#49 Mike Hilscher

Mike Hilscher

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (EDF @ Apr 10 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't forget Jim Crandell... I wish they'd have more sports stories on his segments... but it seems to me his segments are shorter and shorter.. maybe now that baseball season is on we'll get some from him.....

He gets anywhere from 4-6 min, they haven't shrunk his time, BUT when we do have breaking news which we have had tons of in the past 2 weeks then our producers will take time from weather and sports, in addition to dropping 3-4 stories.

Also his segments seem short because his delivery is so damn good we forgot about time =)

#50 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (Mike Hilscher @ Apr 10 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He gets anywhere from 4-6 min, they haven't shrunk his time, BUT when we do have breaking news which we have had tons of in the past 2 weeks then our producers will take time from weather and sports, in addition to dropping 3-4 stories.

Also his segments seem short because his delivery is so damn good we forgot about time =)

You are right his delivery is one of the best... and I've seen lots of Bay Area stuff.. the only guy I can think of that comes close to him is that guy I used to watch at the Fox Affiliate down at Channel 2 in Oakland... I think he's still there too along with Dennis Richmond right...?

#51 Mike Hilscher

Mike Hilscher

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (EDF @ Apr 10 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are right his delivery is one of the best... and I've seen lots of Bay Area stuff.. the only guy I can think of that comes close to him is that guy I used to watch at the Fox Affiliate down at Channel 2 in Oakland... I think he's still there too along with Dennis Richmond right...?

I think Dennis Richmond retired. I am still a young'in so he was before my time =)

#52 futile

futile

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:11 AM

Local TV stations using shaky hand-held camera shots to view the world's top stories on the screens of anchor laptops or television monitors! Tune in to your TV tonight at 11 to see it all on another screen!
-The 'Toph

#53 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (futile @ Apr 11 2009, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Local TV stations using shaky hand-held camera shots to view the world's top stories on the screens of anchor laptops or television monitors! Tune in to your TV tonight at 11 to see it all on another screen!

the Blair Witch project started that shaky camera trend

that or maybe they can't afford a steady cam rig?

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#54 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (davburr @ Apr 11 2009, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the Blair Witch project started that shaky camera trend

That's exactly what I'm reminded of when those cameras start rockin' and rollin' -- frankly it creeps me out on top of making me dizzy, and I have to change the channel.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#55 prouddad

prouddad

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (c_vanderveen @ Apr 1 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the exact wrong attitude to have. The cities are totally different and it's pointless to compare them.

You are right...one city is ugly and one is beautiful

#56 Mike Hilscher

Mike Hilscher

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

phew... thankfully we can route our anchor's computers straight to air without that nasty shaky cam

#57 Mike Hilscher

Mike Hilscher

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

Check this out, one of our reporters did a story on a haunted hotel in Cordelia and they actually heard a ghost when they were filming for their story.

http://www.fox40.com...;clipId=3728713

#58 Hilscher1

Hilscher1

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Mike Hilscher @ May 6 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check this out, one of our reporters did a story on a haunted hotel in Cordelia and they actually heard a ghost when they were filming for their story.

http://www.fox40.com...;clipId=3728713

My little brother grows up! haha

#59 Inwit

Inwit

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (prouddad @ Apr 11 2009, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are right...one city is ugly and one is beautiful

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I think they are both fugly.
n. 1. Inward sense; mind; understanding; conscience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users