#31 UnionBlondie16

UnionBlondie16

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(brown @ Sep 13 2007, 05:54 PM) View Post
You guys have a NICE stadium. I went to the Kentucky game in 2002, the Hogs lost but at least Lorenzen got a couple of his teeth knocked out!

OMG, I know. It's gorgeous. I went there for the Alabama game 2 years ago. Again, we lost, but it's a fun place for some football. Biggest jumbo-tron in the world! tongue.gif
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#32 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE(UnionBlondie16 @ Sep 13 2007, 09:58 PM) View Post
Again, we lost

.....and you'll lose again tomorrow, UB16. But, hey, it won't be the end of the world. Arkansas is just 'OK'....probably better than my Michigan Misfits, though....
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#33 UnionBlondie16

UnionBlondie16

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Sep 14 2007, 09:51 AM) View Post
.....and you'll lose again tomorrow, UB16. But, hey, it won't be the end of the world. Arkansas is just 'OK'....probably better than my Michigan Misfits, though....

With 2 of the best RB in the country, I think we're more than ok. And they'd "thump" Michigan, no doubt. The computers show Arkansas winning. It's going to be a great game. I'm hella excited. 3:45 on ESPN, baby.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#34 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(UnionBlondie16 @ Sep 14 2007, 10:41 AM) View Post
The computers show Arkansas winning.

Not quite, sweetie. Alabama is a 3-point favorite. When's the last time computers decided a football game? Please do tell... football2.gif football2.gif

#35 UnionBlondie16

UnionBlondie16

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Sep 14 2007, 11:09 AM) View Post
Not quite, sweetie. Alabama is a 3-point favorite. When's the last time computers decided a football game? Please do tell... football2.gif football2.gif

I'm not saying the computers are always right. Just saying that's the one thing we have on our side. 'Bama's a 3-point fav in Vegas.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#36 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE(UnionBlondie16 @ Sep 14 2007, 10:41 AM) View Post
And they'd "thump" Michigan, no doubt.

Hey, it's not nice to kick a team when they're down. Not nice manners. When you lose tomorrow, I'm not gonna razz you TOO badly...

#37 UnionBlondie16

UnionBlondie16

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Sep 14 2007, 11:31 AM) View Post
Hey, it's not nice to kick a team when they're down. Not nice manners. When you lose tomorrow, I'm not gonna razz you TOO badly...

Haha! I'm sorry! You were talking badly about my hogs. I can't have that! ohmy.gif
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#38 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Sep 14 2007, 11:31 AM) View Post

When it's Michigan, you can kick 'em when they're down.

#39 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(UnionBlondie16 @ Sep 14 2007, 11:37 AM) View Post
Haha! I'm sorry! You were talking badly about my hogs. I can't have that! ohmy.gif

I have nothing against your team...it's Arkansas that I have a problem with, after all, it was Arkansas that gave us the Clintons...and I'll never forgive Arkansas for that, but I digress...

#40 UnionBlondie16

UnionBlondie16

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Sep 14 2007, 12:29 PM) View Post
I have nothing against your team...it's Arkansas that I have a problem with, after all, it was Arkansas that gave us the Clintons...and I'll never forgive Arkansas for that, but I digress...

Haha! Ya, we're still embarrassed about that one too. =) I lived in Arkansas for a couple of years but my parents grew up there. My mom's alma mater is Arkansas. So I was raised in a hog loving home.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#41 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:01 PM

MICHIGAN RULES !!!.....(ok, maybe temporarily...VERY temporarily)......

#42 UnionBlondie16

UnionBlondie16

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:35 PM

What a game. 41-38 'Bama. What a come back though...

Glad Michigan won one for ya... Even if it was Notre Dame. tongue.gif
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#43 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:08 PM

Any team that beats Notre Dame gets my support, at least for that week. USC rules! tongue.gif

#44 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

Upset weekend!

Cal could be ranked 3rd this week, after a good win at Oregon. If their QB is out they won't stay there long.

The Badgers just keep winning and could be ranked 5th. I'll be surprised if they run the table in the Big 10 as they have some tough games coming up. I suspect the Big 10 will come down to the last weekend with Michigan against Ohio State.

I almost feel sorry for Notre Dame, but I'm not that kind rolleyes.gif

How about this scenario, unbeaten USC playing winless ND and ND winning with the upset of the century?

#45 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(Robert Giacometti @ Sep 30 2007, 09:20 AM) View Post
How about this scenario, unbeaten USC playing winless ND and ND winning with the upset of the century?

I'd love it.

Regarding the Badgers, don't count them out. All the matters at the end of the game is that you can put a W in the column. Bielema's proven time and time again, except for one loss against Michigan last year, that they can do that. 17-1 under him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users