9 replies to this topic

#1 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:26 PM

Original Pete's has opened across from chili's at the EDH Town Center.

So far we have had a great experience there! I've waited to eat there several times before putting up a review...

Service - Fantastic service that is still working out possibly a few grand opening quarks but thats normal. Management and the owner have been outstanding! Almost every server we have had has been really kind and done a great job too.

Food - I believe its phenomenal! Its a huge menu and most of it is great so far. My favorites have been their garlic pizza twists, artichoke deep fried appetizer thing, pulled pork sandwich, ribs, pot pie and all of their pizza's so far. Did I mention the tuxedo brownie sundae??? My least favorite was the fish and chips that I really hope they improve on and get it flakey instead of greasy'ish.

Beer - Heaven! The honey-blonde is my favorite, then the porter and then the double barrel. They even offer the 8 different tasters for eight bucks or whatever like BJ's.

Kids - I don't see how they can do it but it would be nice if there was more tables for families with kids. But... I don't know where they would put it unless they took out the kitchen... ha, ha. Anyways, the kids menu's are the norm but they give the babies/kids a ball of dough to play with and our kid LOVED IT! Shoving crayons in it etc... Maybe other pizza places do that to but never for us so far... so thanks to pete's for being different for us!

Anyways, the price is appropriate also. We have brought lots of family and friends there now and everyone has felt it was exceptional so I encourage everyone to try it and hopefully write a positive review if you enjoy it as we did!
LearnShootInspire.com
Learn Shoot Inspire on Facebook

#2 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

It is good to see new restaurants in EDH and even better when people say they are good. Will have to try it soon. Thanks for sharing.

#3 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE(eVader @ Dec 10 2008, 08:50 AM) View Post
It is good to see new restaurants in EDH...

Agreed. I've lived in this area my entire life and now its soooo nice to have this awesome variety! Only problem is I'm having trouble getting the time to eat at all of them on a regular daily/weekly/monthly basis...LOL.

Pete's... I'm getting myself in so much trouble there. I was going good on a diet ordering off the guiltless grill and drinking michalobe ultra and now I'm turning to a gluten....ha, ha. But I tried the beer battered prawns and chips tonight along with the onion rings... all I can say is its worth the sin on my diet smile.gif

I was tempted to go all out and ruin my diet completely by going to the imax for the first time and ordering a scoop of the theaters nice ice cream but after the reviews I read here it sounds like its not what I was excited and worked up about sad.gif
(hoping for them to build a larger screen like sacramento has)
LearnShootInspire.com
Learn Shoot Inspire on Facebook

#4 aprilfool71

aprilfool71

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

We ate there two weeks ago...

They had just opened so they were working the kinks out which is to be expected. The worst part was there was a lot of smoke coming from the open kitchen into the eating area which was really bothersome. Hopefully they've fixed that problem.

Great menu, great food and great service. Really liked the decor as well. Prices were reasonable and they are in a great location next to the movie theater so they should do well.

Loved the beer selection. They have a new beer called Hemp Ale which I loved. The kids loved playing with the ball of pizza dough they brought out.

We will definitely be regulars there.

#5 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (aprilfool71 @ Dec 18 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Loved the beer selection. They have a new beer called Hemp Ale which I loved. The kids loved playing with the ball of pizza dough they brought out.

If you like the Hemp Ale, you should really try the Sticky Green Stout. Packs a wallop....but I always seem to have a huge appetite after drinking a couple of them.

#6 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

I am so glad this place if finally open. Excellent food. We used to drive to the one in Roseville or Midtown. Now we just have to go one exit to the east. The pizza is our favorite... and my most favorite in all of Sacramento. Definitely will get here often!

#7 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:46 PM

So I'm a little confused. Is this mostly a brewhouse with pub food? Or do they specialize in pizza (and what kind? NY? Chicago? Something in the middle?)?

Definitely interested in good pizza and was hopeful by the name of the place but disappointed that it seems more of an afterthought:

"My favorites have been their garlic pizza twists, artichoke deep fried appetizer thing, pulled pork sandwich, ribs, pot pie and all of their pizza's so far. "

Desperately in search of excellent pizza (NY style preferred) in the area....

#8 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (tsukiji @ Feb 1 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I'm a little confused. Is this mostly a brewhouse with pub food? Or do they specialize in pizza (and what kind? NY? Chicago? Something in the middle?)?

Definitely interested in good pizza and was hopeful by the name of the place but disappointed that it seems more of an afterthought:

"My favorites have been their garlic pizza twists, artichoke deep fried appetizer thing, pulled pork sandwich, ribs, pot pie and all of their pizza's so far. "

Desperately in search of excellent pizza (NY style preferred) in the area....

I don't see a web site for them but the Village Life or Telegraph featured the EDH Pete's owner last week or the week before.

From what I recall is Original Pete's was started in Sac and the owner expanded to a few new locations in the past decade including Roseville. The EDH owner started at the original Sac location as a busboy and worked his way up with the owner grooming him along the way to the point he opened the EDH site.

Petes is a Pizza and Italian food restaurant kind of like combining Steve's Pizza and Strings together but IMO better. Oh and yeah they have beer and wine both house brand and the normal assortment. The EDH place is really nice and the food and service was very good. It can be very busy on big movie theater nights like Fri-Sun and sometimes even prime dinner hours during the week (been there on Fri and Tues night). Check it out.

Oh, as for NY pizza, my Syracuse, NY friends living in Folsom say Pronto's is true NY pizza. Should see an ad on the myfolsom page and possibly a coupon linked to it.

#9 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

I went a couple of weeks ago. The pizza was OK, but not exceptional in my opinion. Certainly better than Round Table/Pizza Hut/etc. but not as good as Chicago Fire or Pizzeria Classico to me. Oh, yeah...or Prontos.

#10 Allen

Allen

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Riding motorcycles and meeting motorcyclists, mountain biking, running the Folsom trails, digital photography, Geocaching (enjoy the link), cool technology gadgets, traveling anywhere and everywhere, good friends, music on my iPod.

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Orangetj @ Feb 2 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went a couple of weeks ago. The pizza was OK, but not exceptional in my opinion. Certainly better than Round Table/Pizza Hut/etc. but not as good as Chicago Fire or Pizzeria Classico to me. Oh, yeah...or Prontos.

+1 Prontos is da bomb! Love the fresh made pizza there, added bonus, it is in FOLSOM!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users