1 reply to this topic

#1 Nancy

Nancy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

Steve's Pizza in El Dorado Hills now has GF pizza, Red Bridge beer and GF brownies. We took the kids there today for a late lunch. It was really, really good. OMG! Didn't try the brownies though. No room after the pizza... :D

I emailed them about their process several months ago when I first heard they were doing this and they sent this reply -

Hi Nancy:
Many thanks for your inquiry. Steve's pizza is partnering with Still Riding Pizza, a CT based company that was started by a Celiac (and mother of two Celiac boys, sound familiar?) to make it possible for restaurants like us to serve a great GF pizza to customers who need it. Here's their website if you'd like to know more: www.stillridingpizza.com We agree with Still Riding Pizza that it wouldn't be appropriate to try to make the crust on our premises. They own and maintain a 100% GF kitchen for the sole purpose of making the crust and taking care of that step. They also provide us with a separate baking tray and cutter that are dedicated just for the GF pizzas. We've also added a few of our own steps like a dedicated cutting board.

We also have checked all our ingredients that are offered as toppings, and they are all gluten free. We take special care to assemble the pizzas in a clean area and bake them on the dedicated tray, cut them with a dedicated cutter and get them right out to your table. They are baked in the same oven as the regular pizzas.

We are currently offering GF pizza in Davis, Roseville, Eldorado Hills and our Truxel stores. Starting next week, we will add Woodland and Fair Oaks.

We are very happy to provide you with any more info or answer any more questions you have. Our goal is to provide GF pizza in the safest and most delicious way we can within the context of our existing restaurants. Judging by the response we've gotten thus far, we know people are very hungry for it.

Craig L. Rich
Director of Operations
Pacific Restaurant Holdings, Inc.
( Cell ) 954 - 732 - 7372

Nancy

#2 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:27 AM

smart smart business strategy. I love it when I see progressive business moves such as this as apposed to the "old guard" of no internet or no response to your customer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users