Photo
- - - - -

Vista Parking Lot. What Are Shcool Officials Thinking?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

Have been taking my son to football practice this week and am dumfounded by the fact they allow cars to park along the curbs of the main entrance/exit into the big parking lot (across from pool).   When cars are parked on both sides (which they usually are) you can't safely get two large vehicles through.  Add to that we are talking about student drivers and you can see the obvious concern.  Shoot, even my 10yr old commented how stupid it was that cars are parking here.  Its sad to see our "educated" school officials can't see the obvious safety concern and address it... 

#2 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

Here is what I am referring to.

Attached Files

• Attached File  tn.jpg   78.77K   75 downloads

#3 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

I can see your reasoning and concern especially with young drivers. I will say though that with all my narrow country road driving experience you could easily fit two large vehicles through there.

#4 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Sandman, I couldn't believe that parking lot when I started driving my daughter there for swimming.

What flummoxed me is that there is a one-car wide drop-off lane in front of the pool. Often, however, there will be cars (or even buses!) parked in that lane. So, if you drove into it intending to use it for drop off, you'd be stuck.

On the whole, the entire parking lot is extremely hard to navigate.

#5 Homer

Homer

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

I've noticed this too when i take my son there for his activities. People shouldn't park there, If someone got hurt the cars parked there would be in the way of responding emergency vehicles. That parking lot in general is kind of a cluster, 

#6 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Looks like they need "No Parking" signs on one side.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#7 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

I can see your reasoning and concern especially with young drivers. I will say though that with all my narrow country road driving experience you could easily fit two large vehicles through there.

I'm not saying its impossible just very difficult.  Two cars going down a lonely country road is not the same a trying to navigate a busy parking lot full of turns, other cars, and students walking between them.  The cars parked here also block the view for ALL other drivers trying to get in/out.  If your in a low profile vehicle your basically darting out there not knowing if another car is coming.  

What is the advantage of allowing people to park here is my real question???  Were talking about ~8 spots for cars to park in.  I would think it would be the interest of school officials to create the most safe environment possible with all the lawsuits these days.  I not for frivolous lawsuits but I can tell you if my kid were in an accident there I would be all over it with a lawyer.

Looks like they need "No Parking" signs on one side.

No, just a paintbrush and a can of red paint

#8 2kids4me

2kids4me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

People are just lazy.  That parking lot is huge.  There is no reason to park in those areas.

#9 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

People are just lazy.  That parking lot is huge.  There is no reason to park in those areas.

Ding! Ding! Ding!   We have a winner...Laziness wins out every time

Wife was there last night for my daughters swim lesson.  Said there was maybe 20 cars total in the lot and where do you think they were all parked?  Hint... Not in the parking spaces

#10 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

Don't they charge high schoolers to park there too?  Even if you are part of a car pool?

#11 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

Don't they charge high schoolers to park there too?  Even if you are part of a car pool?

Wha?? the students are being charged to park at school?  Sounds like a very bad decision.

Svzr2FS.jpg

#12 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:57 AM

Wha?? the students are being charged to park at school?  Sounds like a very bad decision.

I think they should be charged MORE than they are now.

#13 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

This year VDL student parking permits are $10 for individual or $25 for carpool. The carpool permit allows you to park in the designated spots in the lot closest to the school.  

#14 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:36 PM

I see nothing has changed here:( Still a dangerous PITA to enter/exit the parking lot. I simply don't get it. Scratching head...

Lets see.  I need to make a right hand turn to get out of this crazy parking lot.  To do this I have to navigate between two parked cars that have no business parking here an HOPE nobody is coming the other way because I can't see a F'n thing.  Crazy...

Attached Files

#15 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:07 PM

It is the craziest parking lot. If you come in certain entrances, you can't get to the main parking lot. You get shot back out on Broadstone Parkway and have to try again.

It's hard to explain, but the bottom line is, it's hard to know what entrance to come in to access particular areas of the school or parking lots. My girls are at summer school there and sometimes, I've had to re-enter the property a couple times in order to get to the part of campus where they are. It is a crazy design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users