40 replies to this topic

#16 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:36 PM

1.   A Leatherby's Ice Cream Parlor that stays opened late.

2.   A Marie Calender's Restaurant that stays opened late.

These establishments would do well in Folsom.

No to Harbor Freight....their tools a cheap garbage and will break on the job.     A tool shop that sells only Snap On,  SK,  Mac or U.S. made Craftman tools would be better.

#17 kcrides99

kcrides99

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:53 AM

How about a real department store Nordstroms/Macy's, etc. so the wife doesn't have to drive to Roseville and so our tax dollars stay here?

Less chain restaurants, more locally owned, locally sourced restaurants (although we are pretty lucky in Folsom to have many great choices already).  One chain from down south I miss is Pat and Oscars.... Maybe a Philz Coffee?

A Firestones Grill (if you have ever been to San Luis Obispo, you know what I am talking about).

#18 WolfMom

WolfMom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with the family. :-)

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:45 AM

More arts, culture, free events. Sidewalk astronomy (anybody seeing how amazing Venus and Jupiter -plus the moon no less!- is lately?), sidewalk chalk art events, open poetry nights, public displays of art that would not be considered graffiti.(The evening summer concerts here in Folsom are good start towards that idea.)

Folsom has a lot of alcohol establishments, lots of restaurants to eat at and a lot of sports opportunities so those three things are not currently high on my list of what Folsom needs.

Dawn Grove

#19 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:19 AM

An independent book store in the Historic District.

#20 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

Fry's Electronics

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#21 rip

rip

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

A good artisan bakery.   Hard to believe there is no place nearby to get good crusty bread.

#22 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:02 PM

Hey - we just got on around the corner in Citrus Heights on greenback opposite Lowes....it is like 10-15 minutes away-   much better than getting over to Roseville.

I didn't know that. I've been going to Roseville or Sac depending on what other runs I can combine.

-Robert

#23 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:05 PM

1.   A Leatherby's Ice Cream Parlor that stays opened late.

2.   A Marie Calender's Restaurant that stays opened late.

These establishments would do well in Folsom.

No to Harbor Freight....their tools a cheap garbage and will break on the job.     A tool shop that sells only Snap On,  SK,  Mac or U.S. made Craftman tools would be better.

Just like anything else they have a variety of offerings. If you buy the cheapest one and expect to use it every day in your profession you'll get the expected result. But honestly most of the local tool rental companies have gone out of business because you can buy tools at Harbor Freight for less than renting one. And if you only use it once or twice its perfect. They also have a great selection of air tools. I have a 750 ft/lb mid range impact that I've used for years. Works great and only $150. 

-Robert

#24 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Creative vegetarian restaurant (in addition to Indian and Asian cuisines)

Svzr2FS.jpg

#25 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:23 PM

Lucille's - can never have enough BBQ

A desert diner like Rick's in Midtown.  Please no more damn cupcake and yogurt shops.

#26 Silverado

Silverado

Superstar

• Photographer
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Photography, ATVs, Jeepin', the Great Outdoors

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:54 PM

Wienerschnitzel 
The inconsistencies are so compounded as to present a seemingly impossible phenomenon. -Mr. Spock

#27 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

Lucille's - can never have enough BBQ

A desert diner like Rick's in Midtown.  Please no more damn cupcake and yogurt shops.

Nation's isn't bad.

-Robert

#28 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:48 AM

This will sound pretty random but I'd love to get a public art project under the Leidesdorff underpass. I've always thought some kind of LED light display sort of like this would be so cool

1.jpg

Also, Folsom needs toilet-to-tap water recycling

#29 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

• Lower speed limits that could be enforced by the CVC (our streets are generally too wide to qualify)

I completely agree!

Most of the roads are like race tracks. I clocked someone going 70 mph+ on E Bidwell the other evening. 

Whoever designed the roads, designed them for a much lower population. It's ridiculous that there are only 2 roads that cross the entire town from 50 to across the river. 

I would say the biggest thing that Folsom needs is a new city council  :)

I agree with this as well!

I'm fine with having stores in other locations than the historic district. Actually, I prefer it. I rarely go over there due to limited parking. 

So for starters:

Crackerbarrel

Gunthers

Ettores

Chocolate Fish Coffee

I've always thought we needed more unique, independent restraurants but it seems most Folsomites want to be just like every other suburb...sigh...

I'd like to see some of the smooth jazz people come to town.

We need a venue that is comparable to the Red Lion in Sacramento 

#30 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:55 AM

This will sound pretty random but I'd love to get a public art project under the Leidesdorff underpass. I've always thought some kind of LED light display sort of like this would be so cool

1.jpg

Also, Folsom needs toilet-to-tap water recycling

All of our water is "recycled". Its treated by a plant south of Sacramento and released back into the river. Its then picked up downstream by other communities, farmers, etc and processed as fresh water. It also contributes to the delta flow which reduces the amount of water required to be released from the dam.

-Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users