#1 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 03:30 PM

Not in CA as I found out today........

Thanks Liberals, I just found out more nail in the coffin in your gun control scheme.  

I happen to have a handgun that I bought originally in .380 caliber as a carry weapon.

Later, I bought a conversion kit to change it to 9 mm.  A barrel, slide, and a magazine (liberals, you probably don't know what those are).  Oh, and this is perfectly legal in CA.  I bought it in CA.

So anyway, I find out now that when I go to buy ammo in 9 mm for my handgun, pay the fee (1$) get my background check, BINGO....!   I am not allowed to buy 9 mm ammo as I am not in possession of a handgun that takes 9 mm cartridges according to their data base and logic....?  They do this cross check by the firearms registered to you and I since the handgun is registered as a .380 that is all I can buy, .380 rounds.  

So a big flaw in this "common sense" gun law implemented in CA.  Oh, and just so you know liberals, handguns have a serial number on them and must be registered to the individual who owns it.   Conversion kits, the slide and barrel, have no serial numbers, nothing, nor should they ever as they are changeable and wear out....    

So, just see me try and convince the CA DOJ that I do own a 9mm weapon.   Yep, that will be easy and take like 5 minutes and cost me no money..........!   Yep, right.

This is why every time we law abiding gun owners see "common sense" gun laws put forth by a Liberal we cringe because we know they know nothing and will screw it up for law abiding citizens.   

Thanks again Liberals, you really screwed this one up.  But that is your intent anyway, elimination of firearms from civilian hands by a thousand cuts.  

Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:18 PM

I've got a firearm that was given to me by my dad in 1974. It was never registered in my name to my knowledge. I then gave the same gun to my son 6 years ago. Family LOOPHOLE! :P

So now, I won't be able to buy .22 ammo. Instead, if I want ammo, I will have to convince the cal doj to register the rifle, and there is NO WAY I will take the chance of them confiscating this heirloom. So my choices are to get ammo out of state, or find a straw buyer who owns a .22   Both of which are illegal I believe...

Common sense laws indeed....

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:25 PM

Good info you guys. Hey Chris, will you convert it back to a .380, or just do the straw buyer thing? Also, since Wild Sports closed down, where is your go-to place to buy .22 or 9 mm ammo ?

#4 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 05:44 PM

Good info you guys. Hey Chris, will you convert it back to a .380, or just do the straw buyer thing? Also, since Wild Sports closed down, where is your go-to place to buy .22 or 9 mm ammo ?

Aces, I'm going to make some calls and see what is up with this lack of foresight on the count of the CA DOJ.  Probably will cost me good money and even more time.  And I will just shoot all the 9 mm I have and then switch back to .380.   Thing is, it takes like 2 minutes to do the switch.  I wanted multi caliber and choices of ammo for this hand gun.   Ruger LC380.  I like it, good carry weapon and I like having a manual safety and a longer, DA (double action for you liberals, and I know, you still don't get it...) trigger pull for something that resides close to my vital organs.   Chris

3253.jpg

1A - 2A = -1A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users