46 replies to this topic

#46 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

I was out of town, and only heard the final score, before reading about the game. I was really hoping this wouldn't happen, that they would make a game of it, that there would not be turnovers, that Browning could avoid sacks by quick dump-offs to a back, that the Folsom defense could stop the run, etc, etc. In short, I wanted Folsom to look remotely like Folsom. Apparently that just doesn't happen when the other team is that much stronger and faster, especially on the line. Whoever owns the line owns the game.

I don't think you can "learn" anything from a game like this, except that you have to get mad and FIND ways not to get your butt kicked next time. And hopefully there will be a next time, with largely the same Folsom team returning.

On the stat sheet, Browning actually had a pretty good game.... except for 3 interceptions. But I suppose a lot of the yardage game during garbage time.

#47 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

DLS is a fundamentally sound team. Not many mistakes. I was surprised at a few of their false start penalties. You usually never see false starts from DLS. Also, if you watched hand placement and technique, that was a big reason why their linemen were able to pressure and sack Browning while only rushing 4 guys. The right end for DLS has 18 D-1 offers. Guess he's kinda good. Something else i noticed, DLS really only ran 4 play types. They're that good. I once heard a rumor that their plays were called in the huddle by saying a 'number' and that was it. If they were running play '3' all night, I'm thinking that one entailed an inside handoff to the left side. Folsom couldn't stop that one. But, the Bulldogs are a very good team and deserved to be in that game. Yes, they are young, and yes, they will be back in that game really soon. Hopefully they can learn from the game and know what to expect next time. DLS hasn't changed in 20 years, you'll get the same look from them again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: football, champions, folsom high, vista de lago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users