4 replies to this topic

#1 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

When I read this I was so angry, I started to get a headache. Whole Foods is not a cheap place to buy groceries. People go there to buy the best food available. At least that's why I go. Now to hear that the promise the store made to their customers, has been broken, made me decide I'll never buy anything there again!

https://www.infowars...body-remembers/

Shop there at your own risk....

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:20 PM

Meh. GMO hysteria is so disproportionate to reality.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:46 AM

Whole Foods is also known as *Whole Paycheck*. That's another reason to stay away from the place.

#4 PeteS

PeteS

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:54 PM

Whole Foods was purchased by Amazon nearly two years ago.  Since then, they've dropped prices and are fairly competitive with Raley's and Bel Air now.  Just about all the food we eat contain GMOs of one type or another.  You'd starve if you didn't eat anything with GMO.  Same with organic foods.  They really aren't grown organically, but are priced to make you think they are.  It's all a scam.  Corporations only care about their stock price, not the people who buy their junk.  Think about these -  Southwest, Johnson & Johnson, Wells Fargo, John Deere, Verizon.  Big companies jack up their prices a little bit every year while giving you a little less every year.  A can of beans used to be 16 oz.  Today, it's 14.5 oz and the price is higher.  And when they get caught, they pay a few million $ fine and get to use the "admit no wrongdoing" BS.  We're getting screwed every day.  I hate corporations.

#5 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:57 AM

I don't "hate" corporations, but I do hate deception.  I count on corporations to partially fund my retirement.  So do many, many others.  I know lots of "corporations" (not huge) that are run by hardworking, moral men and women whose goal is not just to make profit.  The "super corporations" ARE a problem, as are board members sitting on multiple corporate boards.

However, all that being said, it is up to the CONSUMER to be diligent. If the consumer finally decides they dont like the behavior or the product offered, they can make those corporations change by rejecting the status quo, and spending their money elsewhere.

Regarding store products, yeah, you really have to watch out. Oftentimes, the bulk item is actually MORE expensive than buying multiple small items. Also, prices fluctuate tremendously week to week. I just dont get it. One week veggie sausage is 5.12, the next week it is 6.49. Then back. I rarely drink soda, but I notice the prices vary from 3.38 to 5.50 a twelve pack week to week. ???? Same with so many other items...  What other mass produced product varies by 20-40% weekly?  I just buy on the cheap weeks so.....  Am I smart, or just cheap? 

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users