No replies to this topic

#1 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:52 AM

OK. So I have had this current version of Win 7 for quite some time. Maybe as much as a year. Approximately 6 months ago, I changed motherboard/CPU. No messages to update. Approximately 2 months ago, I upgraded the power supply and video card. No validation messages.

Now suddenly, I am getting the This version of Windows is not genuine message.  It was a preload on a retail system, so I don't have a Windows disk.  I know this version is genuine, but when I go to the website and download their verification tool, it just gives me the option to buy a licensed version... even though one of the potential findings is that certain windows files are missing.

I have looked online, and there are a few "tricks" to temporarily fool windows, but I don't want to do that. I just want it to work right. Any ideas? Seems to be fairly common based on the number of people with the same problem.

Micro soft:  It's not a flaw...it's a feature! :P

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users