Reason? We just want to kick him out once awhile when we get burnout. smile.gif

#3 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 16 2005, 08:42 AM)
Reason?  We just want to kick him out once awhile when we get burnout.  smile.gif

View Post

It would probably be about $40-$50/day if you go the home daycare route (which I can refer you to several)...but if you are looking for a babysitter to come to your home, it will probably be a bit more as they will most likely charge an hourly rate.

Let me know, I have several I can hook you up with.

#4 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:07 AM

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif thanks.

QUOTE(Mommy2Sydni @ Sep 16 2005, 09:01 AM)
It would probably be about $40-$50/day if you go the home daycare route (which I can refer you to several)...but if you are looking for a babysitter to come to your home, it will probably be a bit more as they will most likely charge an hourly rate.

Let me know, I have several I can hook you up with.

View Post

#5 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:09 AM

My wife gets stressed out and lashed out at everyone. It's sometimes good to get her away for some fresh air outside the house. We are in Elk Grove in the weekdays. Weekends we are back to Folsom.

#6 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:12 AM

Anyone want him? He's for free. Buy one get one free. biggrin.gif

#7 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 16 2005, 09:12 AM)
Anyone want him?  He's for free.  Buy one get one free.  biggrin.gif

View Post

I love those BOGO sales! Is it buy the kid get the mom for free? Or vice versa? Do you have a payment plan? Can I put 'em on layaway? thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

#8 goodmama

goodmama

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:49 AM

I wouldn't use a young babysitting for a baby so young, but if you use a teen, please do your own training. I always brought a prospective sitter in for an interview/training and went over expectations, reviewed safety issues, what to do in case of emergencies, etc. I would assess the way the teen interacted with our children and if I didn't see the right kind of personality or interaction, I never called upon that sitter.

When our children were infants, I always talked about ways to assess and deal with a crying baby and "shaken baby syndrome" (something the red cross didn't cover in their certified babysitting classes). I also told sitters that no matter how careful they were, accidents were bound to happen and that if anything should happen they should be upfront in letting us know so we could monitor symptoms and behavior.

You can't assume that a teen who has prior babysitting experience knows what to do with a newborn, knows that you can't turn away from a baby on a changing table even for a second, knows how to protect the weeble/wobble heads. Sometimes it's a good idea to bring a prospective sitter in for a "Mom's Helper" job first -- so mom can train the sitter, monitor the sitter's responsibility, and decide whether she would trust the sitter alone with the baby.

You can also ask if sitters are certified in CPR for infants/children.

Do ask for personal referrals from people you know and trust.

#9 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 16 2005, 09:12 AM)
Anyone want him?  He's for free.  Buy one get one free.  biggrin.gif

View Post

A free baby...why am I pregnant? J/K biggrin.gif

#10 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 07:17 PM

exellent advices. thanks. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE(goodmama @ Sep 16 2005, 09:49 AM)
I wouldn't use a young babysitting for a baby so young, but if you use a teen, please do your own training. I always brought a prospective sitter in for an interview/training and went over expectations, reviewed safety issues, what to do in case of emergencies, etc. I would assess the way the teen interacted with our children and if I didn't see the right kind of personality or interaction, I never called upon that sitter.

When our children were infants, I always talked about ways to assess and deal with a crying baby and "shaken baby syndrome" (something the red cross didn't cover in their certified babysitting classes). I also told sitters that no matter how careful they were, accidents were bound to happen and that if anything should happen they should be upfront in letting us know so we could monitor symptoms and behavior.

You can't assume that a teen who has prior babysitting experience  knows what to do with a newborn, knows that you can't turn away from a baby on a changing table even for a second, knows how to protect the weeble/wobble heads. Sometimes it's a good idea to bring a prospective sitter in for a "Mom's Helper" job first -- so mom can train the sitter, monitor the sitter's responsibility, and decide whether she would trust the sitter alone with the baby.

You can also ask if sitters are certified in CPR for infants/children.

Do ask for personal referrals from people you know and trust.

View Post

#11 TheCourtJester

TheCourtJester

OB/GYN/OMG/WTF/BBQ!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:47 AM

My girlfriend and I both work in teh nursery at East Valley church (unfortunately there are many days I can't make it, but that's a different story). She's been working with babies for years now, and depending on the time I'm sure she'd love to do it.

I'd offer but 1)She's way better with babies than me. I'm much better once they get a bit older smile.gif ) and 2) I wouldn't offer to babysit outside of the church until I get CPR certification.

Which, by the way, is something you may want to consider when hiring a babysitter. "Do you know CPR" may make the search for a babysitter much harder, but it's ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry.
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good you get, you'll never be as good as a wall.

#12 forumreader

forumreader

Living Legend

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:20 AM

Regarding CPR, a caregiver for a baby as young as yours should have taken a course in INFANT CPR. While the principles are the same, there are important variations to remember when performing CPR on a very small baby. This holds true for first aid for choking.

Also, it's a good idea for new and expecting parents to take an infant/child CPR class.

#13 forumreader

forumreader

Living Legend

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 16 2005, 09:09 AM)
My wife gets stressed out and lashed out at everyone.  It's sometimes good to get her away for some fresh air outside the house.  We are in Elk Grove in the weekdays.  Weekends we are back to Folsom.

View Post

Now that Christopher is over a month and the weather is beautiful, it might be a perfect time for all of you to get out of the house together. (Babies are very portable at this age!).....Mommy/baby cabin fever is not good.

#14 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:49 AM

This is something critically important for us, and other new parents, to learn. We are dragging our feet because Christopher is a handful right now. Hopefully in about a month or so, we will be able to attend a Kaiser class.

QUOTE(forumreader @ Sep 17 2005, 08:20 AM)
Also, it's a good idea for new and expecting parents to take an infant/child CPR class.

View Post

#15 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:58 AM

Life is cruel right now. The weather is perfect and here we are imprisoned inside the house with Chris. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users