5 replies to this topic

#1 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:42 AM

The godparents of 3-year-old Christopher Thomas staged boxing matches with the boy as "spectator sport" before he died of brain injuries, a prosecutor told a Sacramento Superior Court jury on Thursday.
The boxing matches and other acts of violence in the Rancho Cordova apartment were for the amusement of the godparents, and the games ended July 19, 2004, the day the boy died of bleeding to the brain, Deputy District Attorney Robin Shakely said.

http://www.sacbee.co...-15194042c.html

I usually don't post these kinds of stories, but this one was unbelievable.

Staged fights with animals is bad enough... what kind of people would force their children to box, egging them on until one of them died from a brain injury?

What a sickening, sad story.

I guess when you read a story like this, it answers the question of why some people grow up to be violent and abusive. With a home life like this... we can only hope that 3 year old is in a gentler, more peaceful place.

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:30 AM

terribly sad story. I am the father of twin 3-year olds and this absolutely sickens me. sad.gif

#3 Silverado

Silverado

Superstar

• Photographer
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Photography, ATVs, Jeepin', the Great Outdoors

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:45 PM

That literally makes me feel sick. How could one do that to a helpless child.
The inconsistencies are so compounded as to present a seemingly impossible phenomenon. -Mr. Spock

#4 LexHillsmom

LexHillsmom

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:15 PM

I read the story too and it made me absolutely sick. I find child abuse unfathomable, especially the kind where people actually premeditate the type of abuse they are going to inflict. Not long ago I read a story in the Bee about a 12 year old boy who had been starved to death by his father and step mother. The father kept the boy chained to a bed and deprived him of food - belittling him for being too "fat" - he also inflicted grave injuries on him. The stepmother apparently went and rented and watched a video while the boy moaned in pain and slipped off into death....

How can people be that twisted? And, unfortunately, there seems to be no shortage of them....

#5 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

It is extremely sickening. First I ask myself what the heck they were thinking; then I realize they couldn't have been thinking -- at least not rationally. I hope they're punished to the fullest extent of the law; even that won't be enough. cuss3.gif
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#6 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:29 AM

Ah yes, once again we see that the greatest responsibility any human can have is also the one that requires no proof one is capable of undertaking it.

Is it time for parent licensing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users