34 replies to this topic

#1 Hilscher1

Hilscher1

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:15 AM

It seems to me North Folsom is a very affluent area of Folsom but for whatever reason we cannot keep any buisness's around.

So im looking for;
What buisness's we need and Why buisness's dont do well in our shopping centers.

I dont think many buisness's stay in buisness because we lack desitnation type stores like for instance a Walmart. Walmart probably brings in 30% of total buisness for other stores in their shopping center. I also dont think the congestion of Auburn-Folsom/Greenback helps because people already have to wait to go through lights so they feel like stopping just adds too much extra time onto their commute (why not stop in a lighter traffic area.)

I think the buisness's that we need in North Folsom would be

-Better eateries (Cuevitas is ok, Village Green ive heard is bad, and theres that other little Mexican place im not sure what its called though and its good. Id count the Cliff House but its all by itself and doesnt really do much for buisness's in North Folsom.
-Blockbuster Video (they put them on every other street corner why not ours.)
-Other Good anchor type stores. While it seems like the occupancy is pretty good i can only imagine that in another 2 years they will be nearly empty again its seems like every 3-4 years all the buisness's have closed or are closgin i dont really know if anything besides Coffee Republic has been around since any of the shopping centers were built.

What do other North Folsom people think?????????????

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 08:57 AM

If you are worried about Blockbuster, try out Netflix.com. For a monthly fee you can watch as many movies as you can possibly watch each month for the same price each month, $17.99. I think you can get 3 DVD's at a time. You first get 3 DVD's and after watching one you put it in a mailer that they provide and send it back at no extra cost to you. You can set it up on line as to what movies you want, make a list, and when they get the one back they will send you the next movie on your list.

It works great. My son has done it for years.

No I am not a sales person for them and I am not suggesting that you stop going to Blockbuster.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 Hilscher1

Hilscher1

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:19 AM

I had netflix for a while and the only problem is that we have those ugly urban multimailboxes and the dvds do not fit in the mail slot so the dvds would just sit there for like a month. I am considering it again though. Blockbuster even has there own netflix type rental service now.

#4 matt

matt

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 09:43 PM

I think the whole Vics shopping center could use some renovating updating and remodeling.
The new Fitness19 gym can do well and maybe the new Starbucks. I think those two may have started an upturn. They are the only ones that have gutted their interiors before opening and started all-new.
Maybe a dentist and real estate office could go in too.
A nicer restaurant where they actually spend the money to renevate the interior and is good enough to draw repeat business from the majority of nearby residents could do well also. I don't think people who live within a mile or two to that Chinese restaurant are frequenting it. I only went once and it was mostly empty. It wasn't good enough to warrant a repeat visit. It will likely fail and shut down one day.
A new restuarant doesn't even have to be super high-end and expensive, just nice decor and good food so nearby residents don't have to drive to Roseville or all the way to Broadstone for good food when this shopping center is right here.
If there was a really good restaurant there, I think many ARC residents would either eat there regularly or order takeout on their way home often. Maybe a high-end restautant could work there also.

I haven't really heard anyone comment on what Village Green is like. I think their business is doing ok, but I don't know.
If Vics wasn't there, it might have been a good spot for a Whole Foods type place.
Maybe Vics can do some changes to their products to offer what Safeway/Belair don't since they don't have the space to offer the selection to match a large supermarket and they are already kind of expensive anyway. Might as well move upscale and maybe even attract some customers from out of the immediate area.

The other shopping center near Greenback and Folsom-Auburn is affected by the traffic problem caused by the Folsom Dam road closure, so I think that problem needs to be fixed first.

#5 nestledog

nestledog

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:anything outdoors

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

its 2006 and the north folsom business's seem to be doing great
wal-mart in north folsom? come on - think about it yo!

#6 HappyL

HappyL

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:03 PM

We definately DO NOT need another WalMart - ANYWHERE in or near Folsom.

#7 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(HappyL @ Feb 1 2007, 06:03 PM) View Post
We definately DO NOT need another WalMart - ANYWHERE in or near Folsom.

Broadstone makes a great destination from North Folsom.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#8 bennjakesmom

bennjakesmom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:30 PM

I prefer that there are NO big stores on this side of Folsom. I moved from the Bay Area to get AWAY from all the strip malls. I also chose to live here because there weren't strip malls everywhere. I don't mind driving - either to Roseville stores or Folsom.

#9 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

I think Vic's could become a bit more reasonable. It's still worth crossing the river to hit Raley's for most of our shopping needs.

#10 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:49 PM

It seems as though a major thing lacking is much interest in the subject!

#11 realtor

realtor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Tennis, Dancing, Travel, interesting stuff and things to do.

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(folsombound @ Feb 17 2007, 07:49 PM) View Post
It seems as though a major thing lacking is much interest in the subject!

Uh...what were you talking about?

#12 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

I'm interested.

#13 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Feb 17 2007, 09:26 PM) View Post
I'm interested.

But not interesting.

smile.gif Sorry, couldn't resist.

#14 UCI-Students Parent

UCI-Students Parent

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:47 PM

I would like to see a nice breakfast type place. Obviously they wouldn't do real well if all they did is serve breakfast around here on weekends, so it should be a nice breakfast place where we could eat a leasure meal with good food any day of the week. Good all American type cuisine. It can serve fresh salads/soups/sandwiches for lunch. The idea is breakfast/lunch type stuff. Cute decor, family friendly (but not like a Denny's!).

#15 live_life

live_life

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

I think the Vics shopping center could be really improved. Starbucks is always busy, so maybe another 'hang out', or refreshment place, such as Jamba Juice or Coldstone. Somewhere you can sit and relax (and enjoy a treat!!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users