7 replies to this topic

#1 watstein

watstein

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:44 AM

Well I got in the mail yesterday a flyer saying that the Safeway in EDH was open and some coupons. So I went up there last night to see if they were open and found out they opened, last friday. This Safeway is bigger than folsom's and has besides the starbucks with good seating it has a Jamba Juice as well. There is also a full size Starbucks in the parking lot. The new safeway looks like most new safeways which is a floorplan like Vons in LA. The new store is trying to act like the new Parkway Raley's but I think the Raley's is better, also they had no Holiday Decorations so it is kind of drab. Also one last comment, no chinese like the folsom Safeway but then how many people eat chinese at Safeway? Well if anyone has anything to say or also their experiences, I recommend at least seeing the new store.

#2 Jaxx

Jaxx

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(watstein @ Dec 20 2006, 08:44 AM) View Post
Well I got in the mail yesterday a flyer saying that the Safeway in EDH was open and some coupons. So I went up there last night to see if they were open and found out they opened, last friday. This Safeway is bigger than folsom's and has besides the starbucks with good seating it has a Jamba Juice as well. There is also a full size Starbucks in the parking lot. The new safeway looks like most new safeways which is a floorplan like Vons in LA. The new store is trying to act like the new Parkway Raley's but I think the Raley's is better, also they had no Holiday Decorations so it is kind of drab. Also one last comment, no chinese like the folsom Safeway but then how many people eat chinese at Safeway? Well if anyone has anything to say or also their experiences, I recommend at least seeing the new store.

I wonder when there will a Safeway with a Starbucks at both entrances? Some people may be annoyed at having to walk across to one side of the store to find the nearest Starbucks much less walk all the way outside to another Starbucks elsewhere in the same strip mall.

#3 Laura

Laura

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:51 AM

I work near there so I have been watching the whole building process of Safeway. Does anyone know what else is going in that shopping center? I have heard possibly a gym, but I don't know if its true...if anyone knows please share! Thanks, Laura

#4 daydreemernluv

daydreemernluv

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:02 PM

We went there the day before Christmas Eve. It was a bit crowded, but I thought it was very nice. I like it much better than the Raleys at the Parkway, that place is so overpriced. At least at Safeway you can get some good deals and Starbucks. Check out there seafood selection it is really good kind of like a seafood market feel.
It is definetly worth checking out....

Happy & Safe New Year to all!!!

#5 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:47 AM

Mmm.. that's close to Lakeforest Wines. I suggest stopping there (across Francisco)
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#6 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(Jaxx @ Dec 20 2006, 04:37 PM) View Post
I wonder when there will a Safeway with a Starbucks at both entrances? Some people may be annoyed at having to walk across to one side of the store to find the nearest Starbucks much less walk all the way outside to another Starbucks elsewhere in the same strip mall.

Starbucks (or Peet's) everywhere you turn, now that's my idea of Heaven.

#7 ericm2031

ericm2031

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:01 PM

These are the places that are going in that center:

Bank of the West
Booster Juice
Nail Salon
Pacific Dental
Sofie! Sofie! Hair Salon
Sprint/Nextel
Swanson's Cleaners
T-Mobile
Starbucks

There are 22 vacant spaces.

#8 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(folsombound @ Dec 27 2006, 09:34 PM) View Post
Starbucks (or Peet's) everywhere you turn, now that's my idea of Heaven.

Peet's > Starbucks
We all dream of a world of sunshine and rainbows and peace. The problem is some people think this would be a great place to live, while others think it would be a great place to pillage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users