210 replies to this topic

#31 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 07:23 AM

Yes, Lucky Dragon is wheere Jade King was. Jade King was good but Lucky Dragon is better. Be prepared to be patient as they cook your order FRESH! No pre-cooked veggies that are soggy and linp!

#32 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 10:01 AM

There is a Thai Basil in Roseville??? Does anyone know if they are the same owners as Thai Basil and Thai Pepper in the bay area?

#33 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Gina99 @ Jul 17 2003, 10:01 AM)
There is a Thai Basil in Roseville??? Does anyone know if they are the same owners as Thai Basil and Thai Pepper in the bay area?

Gina,
The Thai Basil in Roseville is on Douglas by I80. The best Thai restaurant I have seen so far. Go check it out. There is another one in Elk Grove, same owner.

#34 nolongernew

nolongernew

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 04:39 PM

I looked up the website. Apparently, they are unrelated.

#35 WhiteSpy

WhiteSpy

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 01:19 PM

Tecate Grill is a great Mexican Restaurant as well... my favorite in all of Folsom! Please visit them if you haven't already - they appear to be hurting for business. sad.gif

(Honest, I don't work there! I just like the food)

#36 johnny cash

johnny cash

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:11 PM

I moved to Folsom a year ago and I have tried a number of places...
There are a few restaurants that I think "STAND-OUT"

1. Zinfandel Grill- I think this is the best restaurant in Folsom. Nice atmosphere and excellent food.

2. Bailies- Kind of hidden. It's in a strip mall. The food is outstanding!

3. Bidwell Street Bistro- Maybe a little pricey... but good food. They used to be in the entertainment book... but I'm nt sure if they are in the current edition.

AS FAR AS BREAKFAST PLACES GO...

1. Sutter Street-
This place is incredible. Great breakfasts!

2. Gold Miner-
LONG WAITS - great stuff!

3. Seasons-
New place on Sutter Street. Interesting items on the menu and usually short lines to get in.

#37 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:26 PM

I had a lunch today at Amarin Thai over on Folsom-Auburn/Greenback (in the same shopping center as McDonalds/Speedy Oil Change).

It's where Alexander's Mertiage used to be. I had a coupon from the Sac Bee ticket for 20% off. There wasn't many people there. I thought the food was okay but I'm not an expert on food. I'm like my dogs - put a plate in front of me and I'll gobble it out.

#38 kanda

kanda

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:04 PM

We just had lunch at Amarin Thai on Saturday. The food was very good, as was the service. However, we were a bit put off by the fact that they didn't have any "lunch specials" on Saturday (that is, we had to order from the dinner menu). Also, when we were asked if we wanted any steamed rice, we asked if they had brown rice, and were told "yes". We did not ask how much it was, though. We were given what looked to me like a 1/2-cup of rice each, though it might have been a little more. The total for the 3 of us - $7.50! I think that's shameful. We'll probably go back, but we won't order brown rice again.

#39 ebeamboy

ebeamboy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:23 AM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Christophe's Restaurant! It's won the Best of Sacramento Best French Restaurant three years in a row, and has been consistently mentioned in the top three restaurants in Sacramento.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.christophes.com

The food and ambience are simply phenomenal, and the best you can find in the area without making a trip to SF...

Cheers!

#40 jake

jake

Veteran

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:11 AM

I'm not a big fan of French people or french food! I won't trip over myself to get there!
tongue.gif
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
-Yogi Berra

#41 nolongernew

nolongernew

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:14 PM

Jake

The owner's aren't French, and even if they were, I doubt if their voices could have convinced the French government to support our war efforts.

#42 nolongernew

nolongernew

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:14 PM

I am assuming that is why you aren't a fan of them as people.

#43 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 04:36 PM

Just found out today that Sizzler is going to open where Lyons was operating at teh corner of Bidwell and Blue Ravine.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#44 Candy Apple

Candy Apple

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:04 PM

Is anyone interested in a fantastic small non-chain restaurant even if it is not in Folsom?

#45 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:57 PM

Put it out. Anything goes.

Cal
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users