• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

Pretty bittersweet to watch the likely final minutes of the Kings. Grant, Jerry, Westphal - not many dry eyes in the house. When Grant started crying I'm not gonna lie, I lost it! I hope this is not the end. Great to see such a great fan base. I don't know if Seattle, Charlotte, or Vancouver had the same fan support at the last game.

#2 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

I saw Mayor Johnson tonight, he was headed to NYC after the 1st quarter to plead to the NBA. None of those three teams had that - though I don't think it's going to make a whit of a difference.

#3 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

Kings will be gone. Next time you go to Disneyland you can go see them, the Honda Center is just down the street.

#4 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

After Day 1 of the league meeting, the word on the street is that the vibe in the meeting from the other owners isn't very supportive of the move proposal. The Maloofs may may back down if they don't think they will get the league support and the votes.

Plus, the billionaire owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins has jumped in and said he'd like to buy the team and keep them in Sacramento. The Maloofs say they won't sell, but who knows what they'll think if the league rejects the move. Just knowing that someone is willing to drop the cash to try to make Sac successful may be enough to sway some votes.

Only time will tell, but all hope is not lost. I'll grasp any glimmer there is.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

After Day 1 of the league meeting, the word on the street is that the vibe in the meeting from the other owners isn't very supportive of the move proposal. The Maloofs may may back down if they don't think they will get the league support and the votes.

Plus, the billionaire owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins has jumped in and said he'd like to buy the team and keep them in Sacramento. The Maloofs say they won't sell, but who knows what they'll think if the league rejects the move. Just knowing that someone is willing to drop the cash to try to make Sac successful may be enough to sway some votes.

I agree. there is still hope.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#6 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

its good to have even a little glimmer...the glimmer if nothing else brings you down slowly...wonder if the pittsburg guy can get a new arena, which is what its all about...as far as I have heard nobody has looked at what will happen if they build in the rail yard which will make the city happy. since most fans don't come from the city, the added time to get to the game, parking delays and traffic may hurt the ticket sales, if there are any

if the maloofs can't move and have to hang around for a year to shop the team wonder how the ticket interest will be. usually the season tickets are sold for next year by now. guess we will know by monday

#7 momof1

momof1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

The one good thing I heard awhile ago was the NBA was looking at passing a rule that teams can't leave towns they still owe money to. so if the $70 million debt keeps them here, so be it, but I would like to see it a requirement if they leave, they have to get that debt paid immediately, if that means Anaheim has to pay Sacramento $70 million to cover the debt and now the Maloofs owe Anaheim $70 million, that's fine by me, but I feel they shouldn't be able to leave a town while they are still in debt to the town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users