Photo

Whos The Graffiti Madman That Is Tagging All The Walls Along Hwy 50?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pool Runner

Pool Runner

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:57 PM

Anyway I noticed some very nasty and very unsightly graffiti along hwy 50 heading into Sacramento this morning. There are some huge cinder-block looking walls currently under construction along the section of hwy 50 in between Bradshaw & Zinfandel. Anyway someone managed to get the largest letters I've ever seen tagged on the brand new walls. I noticed that the same style tagging or graffiti was on a billboard near Gold River on hwy 50 a few months ago, and even on the Pets Mart building along HWY 50 as well. I thought I saw something similar tagged on the back wall of the shopping center in Broadstone a few weeks back. I drive HWY 50 almost everyday from Folsom to Sacto so I'm very alert to changes along this route. Someone needs to catch these bandits ASAP.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

http://www.weservicepools.com/

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

He probably thinks he is pretty cool and the envy of all his friends, too. So sad.

#3 ScionBox

ScionBox

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

I was vacationing in L.A. last week and on my drive back home I noticed these fresh "taggings" along 50.... and I immediately felt like I was back in L.A. when I saw them!

#4 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:18 AM

While I don't think it is funny, I do tease my son about it, because he has the same name that is tagged on those walls. He gets soooo upset about it. It's funny.

#5 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:31 AM

Most tagging is gang related. Turf marking. The last part of the massive tag on 50 is probably the gang sign I'm guessing. As much as I think that whole 50 project is a big waste of 110 million dollars and "busy work" for the union workers involved, it really pisses me off that the tagger is going nuts. He should be driven through town in a cage on a flatbed truck, publicly humiliated, and maybe even a few rotten eggs/vegetables thrown in the mix.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#6 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:39 AM

Most tagging is gang related. Turf marking. The last part of the massive tag on 50 is probably the gang sign I'm guessing. As much as I think that whole 50 project is a big waste of 110 million dollars and "busy work" for the union workers involved, it really pisses me off that the tagger is going nuts. He should be driven through town in a cage on a flatbed truck, publicly humiliated, and maybe even a few rotten eggs/vegetables thrown in the mix.

the project reminds me of the constant road work in Chicago that union mob bosses secured with Mayor Daley and Rod Blagojevich long ago.

the punishment for norcal's own version of "chaka" should be to spray paint that bastard and everything he and his family has ever owned. then make him scrub off all his graffiti and all other graffiti from California roadways for 3 years.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:02 AM

I noticed that this week, too. Didn't really pay attention to what it said. I just don't understand the mentality and the need to ruin things like that. The mortar is barely dry on those walls.

#8 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

I would say that most tagging is not necessarily gang related. It's probably a 50/50 split between taggers and gangs.

#9 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

I was surprised at the size and height of the tags on the petsmart building. How the heck do they do that ?
That tag was 'won love' with something after it -maybe a name.

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#10 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

If it said "won love" then it is the same person who tagged the walls on hwy 50. The name is caleb.

#11 Pool Runner

Pool Runner

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

I was surprised at the size and height of the tags on the petsmart building. How the heck do they do that ?
That tag was 'won love' with something after it -maybe a name.

Yeah I'm curious too? How the heck do you spell something out that clearly with paint, and to this magnitude? I showed my wife as we went by and sort of chuckled "did the guy have some sort of car/ truck with a huge paint cannon or fire-truck type spray nozzle?" I've driven Hwy 50 before during early hours and even during the middle of the night, there are usually cars/ Highway Patrol officers constantly driving by... how the heck does this happen and nobody gets caught???
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

http://www.weservicepools.com/

#12 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:57 AM

stilts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users