#16 leenda

leenda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:51 AM

Mandi:

Please say hi to Kim (the bartender) and tell her we miss her (from the "old days" at Taco Loco.) We stopped by the PP about two months ago on a Friday to have lunch, and it jost so happened that it was the day the delivery truck hit the power line and knocked out the power until late afternoon. So, all we could do was have one cocktail and head up to EDH for a terrible lunch at 33 Bistro. Let Kim know that we'll be back sometime soon, though.

Sounds like you're really enjoying your job. Kim LOVES working there, too!!!! Sounds like one big happy family at the PP.

#17 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:58 AM

we went recently. nice new decor. Was disappointed though that they had stopped serving breakfast after 1130.

Also, Mandi, tell the owners to BRING BACK HUSH PUPPIES!

#18 Phonon

Phonon

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Interests:hike camp kayak bike sleep

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

I like the PP. Good place to watch college football on Saturday afternoons. Close to home too.

#19 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(MrsTuffPaws @ Sep 11 2008, 08:15 PM) View Post
They have an online menu. I've only been there once, but I'd say its fine to bring kids for breakfast/lunch... not so much dinner (it's biker bar ish)

I totally disagree - we take our daughter there for dinner and the clientele is just fine! We sit on the dining room side, not the bar and have never had an issue!

Purple Place was kind enough to hold a Restaurant Night for Empire Oaks Elementary this past week and donated 30% of the proceeds for everything purchase by Empire Oaks families at breakfast lunch and dinner! Thanks so much for your community support!

Barb

#20 leenda

leenda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

[quote name='leenda' date='Sep 12 2008, 09:51 AM' post='270408']
Mandi:

Please say hi to Kim (the bartender) and tell her we miss her (from the "old days" at Taco Loco.)

P.S. Forgot to specify it's a "HI" from Dan and Linda.

#21 Mandi

Mandi

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:football, sports, art, motorsports, bmx, music, law enforcement, advertisement, ballet...other stuff

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(MrsTuffPaws @ Sep 11 2008, 08:15 PM) View Post
They have an online menu. I've only been there once, but I'd say its fine to bring kids for breakfast/lunch... not so much dinner (it's biker bar ish)

Its only biker bar on the bar side. the purple place is litterally split in two. you have the bar and the family side. The family side is family friendly , for its made to be for familys. and the bar is bar friendly. The bar still has tables like the family side for groups to sit, but no comfy seats like in the family side.
-=Accident Prone is an understatement=-

#22 Mandi

Mandi

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:football, sports, art, motorsports, bmx, music, law enforcement, advertisement, ballet...other stuff

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(leenda @ Sep 12 2008, 02:15 PM) View Post
QUOTE(leenda @ Sep 12 2008, 09:51 AM) View Post

Mandi:

Please say hi to Kim (the bartender) and tell her we miss her (from the "old days" at Taco Loco.)

P.S. Forgot to specify it's a "HI" from Dan and Linda.

Haha. I will. I usually see her saturday mornings. sometiems sunday mornings, since i work weekend nights. But when i see her I will totally tell her.

And i will let denise and mike to know about the hush puppies haha, i'm assuming those were aroudn before i started working there. I'll see everyone tonight (well maybe not kim) and let them know.

If you all ever come in just say Hi to me, Mandi, i'll be there.
:D
-=Accident Prone is an understatement=-

#23 leenda

leenda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Sep 12 2008, 09:58 AM) View Post
we went recently. nice new decor. Was disappointed though that they had stopped serving breakfast after 1130.

Also, Mandi, tell the owners to BRING BACK HUSH PUPPIES!

CV- Both Mandi and I would like to know what "hush puppies" are???? Are we talking about a hamburger on a plate smeared with Chili and cheese??? Or something else? That sounds like a "Blue Plate Special".

#24 JMH

JMH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(leenda @ Sep 12 2008, 04:48 PM) View Post
CV- Both Mandi and I would like to know what "hush puppies" are???? Are we talking about a hamburger on a plate smeared with Chili and cheese??? Or something else? That sounds like a "Blue Plate Special".

They are round cornmeal dough balls that are deep fried. In the south they are always served with seafood entres. They are so good. I didn't know Purple Place used to serve them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users