#46 PromoMan

PromoMan

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(GoodFellas @ Jun 23 2008, 08:46 PM) View Post
So, I take my TV in for repairs at Sac Video in Orangevale a couple months ago, after diagnosing the problem they tell me it would cost around $120 to repair. I gave the go-ahead-They told me it would be about a week. About 10 days go by and no word from Sac video, I call and they tell me another week. Week goes by-NO CALL...I call them and they tell me the part is back ordered and would be a few weeks before it would arrive. Now I'm pissed. They tell me they would call me when part arrived... 2 weeks go by and you guessed it- NO CALL. I just called and the number is disconnected! THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS.They stole my $700 TV!!!
I plan on calling BBB tomorrow but will it do any good? Does anyone have suggestions? I blame myself, should have known from thier attitutde. UGHHHH!

Sac Video used to be a great place. About 3 years ago a guy bought it and he was sketchy. He owns another TV repair shop somewhere in the area and he used the Orangevale store to hold a lot of inventory and it didn't appear that much in the way of repairs took place there. You may try calling around to local shops and see if you can find him again...

Then call the police!

#47 GoodFellas

GoodFellas

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests: Great food and even better wine!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(PromoMan @ Jun 24 2008, 08:50 PM) View Post
Sac Video used to be a great place. About 3 years ago a guy bought it and he was sketchy. He owns another TV repair shop somewhere in the area and he used the Orangevale store to hold a lot of inventory and it didn't appear that much in the way of repairs took place there. You may try calling around to local shops and see if you can find him again...

Then call the police!

Update: So my wife camped out in front of the store and the owner showed up! There was also another guy waiting there for the same reason. He had no explanation and was not apologetic whatsoever! My wife called me and put him on the phone and I told him what I thought of him and his business. He then told me that part was still not in and it would be a few weeks! I told him I wanted my Tv ASAP! He said its in pieces and needs to be put back together...So I plan on hopefully picking it up today. His neighbors told me he has been "gone" for weeks and tons of people have been looking for him. Anyway, thanks for all your help. I dont make it a habit of bad mouthing businesses in town BUT this guy is shady.Be careful. George

#48 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(GoodFellas @ Jun 25 2008, 11:09 AM) View Post
Update: So my wife camped out in front of the store and the owner showed up! There was also another guy waiting there for the same reason. He had no explanation and was not apologetic whatsoever! My wife called me and put him on the phone and I told him what I thought of him and his business. He then told me that part was still not in and it would be a few weeks! I told him I wanted my Tv ASAP! He said its in pieces and needs to be put back together...So I plan on hopefully picking it up today. His neighbors told me he has been "gone" for weeks and tons of people have been looking for him. Anyway, thanks for all your help. I dont make it a habit of bad mouthing businesses in town BUT this guy is shady.Be careful. George

Hey, George, you did a good thing. You've probably saved a lot of people from going through your experience.

Maybe when you leave with your TV you can tell him Call Kurtis says "Hi."

#49 GoodFellas

GoodFellas

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(ducky @ Jun 25 2008, 11:20 AM) View Post
Hey, George, you did a good thing. You've probably saved a lot of people from going through your experience.

Maybe when you leave with your TV you can tell him Call Kurtis says "Hi."

haha- Thanks, I appreciate all your help.

#50 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(GoodFellas @ Jun 25 2008, 11:23 AM) View Post
haha- Thanks, I appreciate all your help.

If you still need your TV repaired, I recommend Rainbow Electronics.
I haven't been in contact with John for many years now, but we both were pursuing our BSEE degrees together at CSUS while we were both working fulltime. John is a good guy, he's owned the business since 1988. We hung out together in college as we were both audiophile nuts at the time, I expect John still is, but my passion for audio gear and listening to music in a 100% absorbsion mode has waned over the years. but if I felt I didn't want to try and troubleshoot and repair an out of warranty piece of electronics myself, I would take it to John. He's not local to Folsom, but he's not that far away (link is directions from your restaurant to his store)
I would rather be Backpacking

#51 GoodFellas

GoodFellas

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Jun 25 2008, 11:51 AM) View Post
If you still need your TV repaired, I recommend Rainbow Electronics.
I haven't been in contact with John for many years now, but we both were pursuing our BSEE degrees together at CSUS while we were both working fulltime. John is a good guy, he's owned the business since 1988. We hung out together in college as we were both audiophile nuts at the time, I expect John still is, but my passion for audio gear and listening to music in a 100% absorbsion mode has waned over the years. but if I felt I didn't want to try and troubleshoot and repair an out of warranty piece of electronics myself, I would take it to John. He's not local to Folsom, but he's not that far away (link is directions from your restaurant to his store)

Thanks I will check them out! Geo

#52 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(folsombound @ Jun 24 2008, 04:37 PM) View Post
+1. That is exactly correct. Don't depend on them for anything except keeping themselves in business!

BBB is fricking useless as heck!! I tried getting them to assist in one of those debt management fly by night companies who stole money from me to help "repair my credit" and they treated me like I was the criminal.

#53 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:49 AM

"BBB is completely useless"

+100

#54 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(palango @ Jun 26 2008, 10:49 AM) View Post
"BBB is completely useless"

Could not concur more... They are a good registry of complaints, but only if you have hard evidence and check with them prior to using any registered business. Even then, you're lucky to hear the negatives.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#55 cvp

cvp

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(GoodFellas @ Jun 23 2008, 08:46 PM) View Post
So, I take my TV in for repairs at Sac Video in Orangevale a couple months ago, after diagnosing the problem they tell me it would cost around $120 to repair. I gave the go-ahead-They told me it would be about a week. About 10 days go by and no word from Sac video, I call and they tell me another week. Week goes by-NO CALL...I call them and they tell me the part is back ordered and would be a few weeks before it would arrive. Now I'm pissed. They tell me they would call me when part arrived... 2 weeks go by and you guessed it- NO CALL. I just called and the number is disconnected! THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS.They stole my $700 TV!!!
I plan on calling BBB tomorrow but will it do any good? Does anyone have suggestions? I blame myself, should have known from thier attitutde. UGHHHH!

I am way behind the times on my posting to the point I had to change my log in name. I am so sorry this happened to you....This was really one of the nicest Mom and Pop business I ever encountered. We had several VCR's fixed and serviced by them and they moved a few times during the service but they always found us I hope they find you but 4+ months it has never taken them that long sad.gif

#56 scottm

scottm

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:04 PM

He is still at it 8 years later...I wish I would have seen this forum sooner, kicking myself!!  Here we are August 12, 2016 - After 5 weeks I just got my TV Samsung PN59D6500 back still broken, actually it now has a severely scratched screen (it was pristine when gave it to him) and will not turn on to the point when I gave it to... Veniamin Russo He still calls himself "Benjamin" dba Sacramento TV Service, advertising on Craigslist.  The shop I went to is not in Orangevale...It is now at 4946 Watt Ave. #27, North Highlands CA 95660 phone number 916-989-6789.  50+ calls to him and getting the Bureau of Electronic and Appliance Repair involved, I got the useless TV back. Same s--- different day (and town) for this A-hole!  My family suggested 'call Curtis' too, oh the irony. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users